Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Improve Your Tweets: A tutorial on how to tweet smart

D

djbaxter

Twitter Trends: Improve Your Tweets
by C.G. Lynch, PCWorld
May 2, 2009

The terse nature of tweets quickly exposes poor writing skills -- here's a tutorial on how to tweet smart.

Twitter's growing popularity has yielded one unusual result: It has exposed the frailty of writing skills in the business world. You can fudge bad writing in a 20-slide presentation, but not in a 140-character tweet...

Some people follow thousands of other people on Twitter, populating their streams (home pages) with, in some cases, hundreds of tweets a minute. Obviously, people will skip over sloppy tweets, or trivial tweets, because they simply don't have the time. "If you sound like a 13-year-old in an instant message conversation, that's not going to make people want to read your [Twitter] messages" .

...more

I'm trying it now but am still a little uncertain just how it all works, but it sure seems to be all the rage! Thanks for the info.

I'm trying it now but am still a little uncertain just how it all works, but it sure seems to be all the rage! Thanks for the info.

I think I'm exactly where you are at the moment. Until recently, I've looked at all this social networking stuff as a pasttime for teenagers. I'm only just now starting to explore the possibilities for marketing, branding, and site promotion.

Twitter tweet only allowed 140 characters, therefore if you need to squeeze the important words in the tweet to maximizes the space.

I'm still not "getting it" and it's not doing me any good yet...in fact, am finding it a bit of a pain. What am I missing???

I'm still not "getting it" and it's not doing me any good yet...in fact, am finding it a bit of a pain. What am I missing???

Twitter is about networking. I agree that it probably is not as cool as all the hype but it is another source of traffic and opt ins. Problem with Twitter is the follow me i'll follow you culture that seems to have evolved. Makes a nonsense of the whole concept which is getting followers that are genuinely interested in your content

A good use of twitter is posting your blog posts on twitter. That has had some good results with my blogs

Twitter is a kind of social network but not in the broadest sense. A micro blogging system without adding extensive features such as uploading pictures, videos, etc. In summary proceedings.

In the article:

As your user-base diversifies to include people from different backgrounds, you should avoid abbreviations

I'm horrible with this on Twitter - I abbreviate all the time and try to talk cool. I should reconsider how I tweet.

I've read the article but still can't get how to make my tweets for informative and interesting for my followers. I tried different ideas but don't see any impact on the number of friends.

In the article:

I'm horrible with this on Twitter - I abbreviate all the time and try to talk cool. I should reconsider how I tweet.

For tweeting, maybe it helps to make phrases that create curiosity. Short words that almost rhymes so people would be curious enough to click to see what the included link is all about or at least click to see your profile, with your URL in it.

banners
Back