The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I'm an advertiser trying to set up my site correctly

lewgreen

affiliate
How do I set my site up to join CPA networks like CJ, Hydra, Linkshare, etc?

OK, I know many install a "pixel" on my order confirmation page. I've got that part.

However, one of them told me I had to provide a "unique URL" and "mirror" my current landing page to it.

Does this mean physically copy all the files and put up again? But they said it can be a subdomain or forward slash domain of my main one (which is secure) ... So does that mean it's not really a page that anyone sees, it just redirects? They said this page has to feed the 3 digit ID of their affiliate into the visit so their pixel on the order confirmation page knows who did it.

My web guy doesn't understand what they want.

I don't understand what they want.

I see some sites, where there is a string of digits at the end, and if you change them in your browser, you keep getting the same page, and so I assume each number is for a different affiliate? Is each number for a Different CPA network or each for an affiliate of on one?

The first one I'm trying to sign up with is not being clear on tech requirements for my site.

Hi Lew,

Sorry you are having frustration.

FYI, since you are new to the game, let me clarify a couple things about networks. CJ and LS are affiliate networks. Hydra is a CPA network. Also so you know Linkshare requires an exclusive so if you try to use them you can't use anyone else.

I work more with affiliate networks and not with CPA networks so much. But one thing I do know is that no one here can answer this. Each network has specific set-up issues and I've never heard of a set-up like you are describing. The only one that can tell you how to set up for that network IS that network!

But bottom line in order to do it right your tech needs to work directly with the network. Last thing you want is someone here trying to explain it (even if they know, which I'm sure they dont) and sending you on another wild goos chase.

I have set up programs with CJ and they give detailed directions that were like greek to me (a marketer) but that my tech support could easily understand and implement. If they got stuck tech support at CJ helped.

So my biggest question is why did you pick the network you did?
And why would you think things would run smoothly AFTER launch
if they can't even support you DURING launch.

Hi Lew,

[LB]FYI, since you are new to the game, let me clarify a couple things about networks. CJ and LS are affiliate networks. Hydra is a CPA network.

Is the difference more than flat fee vs. % of sale?

I am starting out with Hydra.

[LB]I have set up programs with CJ and they give detailed directions that were like greek to me (a marketer) but that my tech support could easily understand and implement.

That's what I expected but I'm not getting so far.

<<So my biggest question is why did you pick the network you did?>>

They _really_ got my product (which is unusual) and have genuine enthusiasm for selling it. The business they do seems to really fit my product. I know my competitors (as seen on tv gadget type products) use them. They are big. And I am test marketing right now (TV, Print, Mail, Web, Catalog etc...) so I just wanted to try one thing at a time, and find methods that show promise -- then I'll push harder.

Hey! Everyone here posts with a web address under their signature -- but I though that was forbidden? Can I have my site link under my name. I'm quite proud of my product -- and the website -- I did both myself!

Hi Lew,

"Hey! Everyone here posts with a web address under their signature -- but I though that was forbidden? Can I have my site link under my name. I'm quite proud of my product -- and the website -- I did both myself!"

Yes you can't post your link in the discussion area of most of our forums but can have it in your signature.

I'd like to see the site and product before I say any more as that could affect what direction I go next.

To set up sig click UserCP upat top. Then edit signature
Then use BB code for your link. It looks like this
[URL =http://affiliate-directory.5staraffiliateprograms.com/]TOP 50 Affiliate Directory[/URL]

NOTE: remove the space after [URL ----- so it should be Moving thread to the merchant discussion area.[/B]
WEIRD BB CODE IS NOT WORKING!

thanks!

OK... I found how to do the signature thanks...

And I _finally_ found a good local programmer in Miami. And he got me set up right for testing with Hydra.

Miami is a strange place. Many professionals just aren't very professional here. Outsourcing to India isn't all its cracked up to be, especially when time matters and on smaller jobs.

MI
Back