The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

If You HAD to Start Over - What would you do Different???

If I was starting over, with what I now know, I would work smarter.

I'd build more recurring models and do more listbuilding/email marketing. SEO is great when it works, but when it doesn't, it leaves you wishing you have built in traffic or ongoing income.

Wow some great posts here already so here goes!

What I would do differently is not try selling something from a website but instead give away a free valuable gift and more freebies to build a list first and nurture a relationship with them before putting a link to and recommending a product which I had purchased and had benefited using myself. Explaining how that product has helped me and why it should be of benefit for them?:D

Far too many people today are still not building their own lists. The money is in the list not the website sales page or blog.

Blogs and articles done as reviews are also something I would do sooner as well as making better email follow up messages less focused on selling and more about free content with a recommendation to a product link for those who want to speed up their learning curve or get quicker solutions or answers to why they signed up in the first place.

In other words I would love my list more and treat them like people not wallets stuffed with cash for me? Nobody likes being sold to but everyone loves to buy when they believe it will benefit them.:)

I would also not build so many websites until I had optimized them better before starting on the next, and devoted more time to learning and less of guesswork and hope.

That is what we would do if we had to start again.:cool:

Regards to all.

Stephen & Jennifer

Started building a list from day one.

I wish I would have been writing for the visitors instead of for search engines, I look back at all my failed blogs in the past and I now see why they failed.

Great content, tons of high pr links, promoting great products but my pre-selling and conversions were terrible.

I was writing like a robot with no originality, I never put personality into my blogs.

I would stay away from all those products. I really would start with making a proper plan on what I want to achieve. And then I would get clear on how I could add value before I buy a product and try to promote it. I guess, we all need to have our 'own song' that we can sing and then start monetizing it.

I would have built tons of small niche sites when it was extremely easy to get them to rank and each make several hundred to several thousand dollars a month. You can still do it but it's becoming harder by the day and eventually I'm sure Google will ban almost all of them.

Look for the right mentor who has successful record in the business you're doing.copy,
learn from those who are successful there some good sites to spy them like a Ninja because someone success,depends with the people you associate with.
Learn to generate traffic to your website.Traffic generating is the blood to any business to generate more leads and sales.

Work 24/7 until I am established. Working hard to build a base is always worth it.

Re: If You HAD to Start Over - What would you do Differently???

For me, I would have decided what my time was worth and planned accordingly.

For example, I spent so much time building content on a website that only netted me about $35 a month in profit, that by my math, I won't actually break even on the site until mid 2018. I started the site in 2015 in a highly competitive keyword, so I had to create over 60 pages of content and 300 backlinks just to gain any real authority.

I have other sites where the pennies pay the pounds. I've spent maybe two days on them, and they make me a few dollars a month, but the turn around from investment to profit is actually higher, even though the individual tickets were smaller.

It's better to get a dollar from a hundred sites than to get 50 from one when you spend more time on the one.

MI
Back