The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

If You HAD to Start Over - What would you do Different???

Hi,i would not buy traffic..simply beacause is not targeted..it"s more like wasted traffic..

Well actually it can be targeted. The problem is not that - the problem is that it's temporary. It ends as soon as you stop paying for it.

I would have developed optin emails lists in niche markets back in the early 2000s instead of working eBay as I did.

Had I done so,l I would not be posting from where I am now located but rather from some small private island.

Wasted my time

Way too many affiliate programs have wasted my time, made entire webpages that took MONTHS to create just to end up deleting it. Way too much time wasted, I would stick to what your passionate about because you could end up throwing it all away in the end if you don't, or just hating what you do

I would have stuck with my own product and NOT gotten into affiliate marketing. I had a single sales page and a few articles put together on desktop publishing software, and I was getting 5 sales a week.

I quit that project because I thought it was not doing that well.

What a shock when it took about 2 years of effort to get to $20 per month with affiliate marketing!

I think I would have built some different kind of sites and stuck with them more, but overall, not sorry for the learning lessons I have had. I make great money, I have a lot of fun at what I do, and I have met some very interesting people

If I new what I no today I would of stayed promoting one product or service that I was interested in. I fell for to many next great ideas. I believe that no matter what you promote online it does not take long to find out if it is worth promoting. Research is the most important aspect to find out if a product or service is worth your time. Don't get caught up in promoting the next greatest product. Focus on what you believe in.

I would probably start of as a webmaster rather then an affiliate manager - so I see both sides of the picture - mind you I am not late with that..

I am conflicted because i learned a lot trying many different opportunities, but in retrospect i would have liked it if i focused on 1 from the get-go.

Been there done that. I would think a lot of us have done the same when we first started. Just stick with one idea that you are interested in and see what happens. If you truly believe in what you are promoting it makes it a lot easier. :)

I would get a job that pays a salary - Everyone thinks they'll make money but there is so much competition out there - there are more people selling than buying!

I would take more time on building links. Slow down the pace actually, build them at a much more natural rate.
This is a good point. And can be totally automated.
Aside from learning more about proper keyword research, this is where I would've spent most of my effort in the beginning.

Personally I prefer making my own product ( website). of course setting it up takes a lot of time. but latter on you dont really have to do anything. so i encourage people to set their own websites instead of being affiliate.

Personally I prefer making my own product ( website). of course setting it up takes a lot of time. but latter on you dont really have to do anything. so i encourage people to set their own websites instead of being affiliate.

:confused:

Creating and maintaining your own websites and being an affiliate are not in opposition to one another.

banners
Back