The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

If you ever had this problem...

OldDarkstarAccount

affiliate
Well I am writing this post because it happened to me yesterday and I guess it will be useful if it will happen to some else in the future. So , just to help you , to know the solve of your problem is here :

- IF you work with CMS and you encountered this problem

Allowed memory size of xxxxxxxxx bytes exhausted (tried to allocate xxxxxxx bytes) in......

The easiest way to solve this is to add this to your .htaccess file

php_value memory_limit "16M"

I am sure that joomla users have encountered this error at least once..

Thank you for sharing, i work on a joomla site actually. May i ask you what caused the memory problem?

we had similar problem on this forum a few months ago, so its now just CMS ... other PHP applications as well

Thank you for sharing, i work on a joomla site actually. May i ask you what caused the memory problem?
The problem , for me at least , was cause by large data imported on the DB.
I had someone creating categories from phpmyadmin instead from the admin panel of the CMS and I encountered this problem.

temi; said:
we had similar problem on this forum a few months ago, so its now just CMS ... other PHP applications as well

Yes , I now remember the problem. Back then I couldn`t find any info about it. Now I found the solution on many sites and everything seems to be okay, its working fine for me.

Very useful info and one for the not so distant future. Would it be wise to add that to the htaccess file from the beginning to prevent it from happening?

Yes , it is a good idea. The thing is that when I have first got this error I did not knew anything about the resources a CMS may need.

But now it is a good idea to add it from the start on your .htaccess file, if you know for sure that you will work with large DB. Else you can just leave it as it is.

MI
Back