Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

IE8 faster than Firefox and Chrome?

D

djbaxter

IE8 faster than Firefox and Chrome?
by Adrian Kingsley-Hughes, ZDNet
March 12th, 2009

Microsoft has published a document which examines the issues involved in carrying out benchmarking and performance analysis on browsers. Contained in this document is a chart which suggests that IE8 is faster at rendering many of the Internet?s top 25 website (as measured by comScore) than either either Mozilla?s Firefox or Google?s Chrome.

Out of the 25 sites listed, IE8 is fastest on twelve of them, while Chrome wins on nine and Firefox 3.0.5 isonly first across the finish line for only four sites. So how does this fit in with all the testing which seems to suggest that both Firefox and Chrome as faster (much faster) than IE8?

...more

I prefer Firefox for it's useful add-ons over it's speed. I prefer it over IE8, but I have not yet tried Chrome, so I can't speak on that.

Which browser is better depends on type of application you are running in it.
e.g. Chrome is much faster if you run rich Web 2.0 web application in it.
same application is in Firefox is just a bit slower

... . than there is long time nothing and than comes slooooow IE8

minstrel, did you tried to manipulate DOM objects in IE8 and the same manipulation in chrome ?
try it, you will see the difference in speed

All browsers have their quirks and each browser does certain things better than other browsers. My objection is to the blanket condemnation of anything Microsoft as being "slow", "insecure", etc.

You're telling me that Chrome on your system does a certain thing faster than IE. I don't dispute that. I might not have the same expewrience on my computer(s) as you, though, and by the same token IE or Firefox handles other tasks better than Chrome.

In the end, what does that really mean? We'll each choose a browser based on our own usage, experience, and biases. Making blanket statements as universal truths won't change that.

I really cant see how I.E could be better than firefox. I,ve been working on computers for a few years and i have never had any real issues with firefox. But I have always had issues with I.E. It crashes a lot. Is buggy, uses more resources and loading times are slower.

Plus the adaptability of firefox is second to none..

Main reason firefox slows up is because of the extra plugins you may add.

Just install the plug ins you will use. Don't keep installing loads for the sake of it..

With the release of Firefox 3.6, it would be firefox again to dominate over chrome or IE. Yet i find my self more towards firefox for it provides more lugins and resources available than any other browsers.

I'll put in my two cents worth here, even though it's an older thread. I've been one of those who have always been anti-Microsoft. In fact, when the first reviews of Vista started coming out, I switched from XP to Ubuntu Linux(actually, I dual boot with XP for gaming), and haven't looked back.

That being said, I think MS has learned from the Vista experience. Everything I read about Windows 7 says that the company has turned the corner, and IE 8 is much better than IE7.

An important point to remember is that IE is a necessity for anyone building web sites. The browser-specific quirks mentioned above and the dominance of IE mean that site builders need to be sure their work renders properly. Personally, I test against IE 6 and up.

As what I have experience, yes it definitely improved a lot but for virus and trojan safety, Chrome and Firefox are way safer to use.

I agree with Minstrel that each browser does certain things better than other browsers. It'd better to not negative any. About the three browsers, I prefer Firefox so I rarely use IE.

Have pretty much sworn by firefox, although recently gave Chrome a try, just didnt feel like it performed as well as Firefox yet. Maybe thru maturity it will get better, but for now sticking with FF.

I've always been a fan of Internet Explorer and Chrome is decent. Firefox is just too tab friendly and I never seem to get anything done while using it.

MI
Back