The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

IE8 faster than Firefox and Chrome?

The best is firefox, but chrome is faster, IE8 has some bugs

How is it best? Stating what features you like is informative and may well help others. Stating merely that "X is the best" is neither informative nor helpful.

As for "IE8 has some bugs", can you show me any piece of software that doesn't?

Even these browsers are faster than firefox I will still choose Firefox because of the tools and addons you can use with it that help fasten my job. Maybe for ordinary surfer they would choose the other browsers.

Even these browsers are faster than firefox I will still choose Firefox because of the tools and addons you can use with it that help fasten my job. Maybe for ordinary surfer they would choose the other browsers.

I'm an IE8 fan for several reasons but I have to admit that there are far more developer and SEO addons available for Firefox.

I keep Firefox (along with Opera and Chrome) installed and updated for those functions. I still use IE8 for general browsing but when I need the addons I can switch. That's also handy for viewing your sites in the major browsers to ensure that they display correctly to all (or at least most) of your visitors.

Chrome is the fastest browser at the time, LunaEscape6 is the next fastest, ie8 is next and then its firefox, its a shame because i love firefox...

I've heard that the latest version of IE is very fast, but stopped using it long ago.

I recently downloaded and am enjoying Flock. It's built on the Chromium engine and has quite a few social marketing networks and tools built right into it.

It's fast, smooth and I really like it so far ;)

I think firefox is faster than ie8, especially when you boot the computer and start the browser. There always seems to be a slight delay when switching tabs in ie8. Firefox does it without problems.

Hardly impossible! Nothing is faster than Chrome! It takes me 10 seconds to open up IE. I know that this is software speed, not internet speed, but it is A LOT. And pages are also taking a lot to load up. Sorry but IE will never be faster!

This thread is almost 3 years old. There have been a LOT of changes in all major browsers since March 2009, including IE which is now at version 9 with version 10 already in beta.

I'd say Chrome is the fastest I used so far. But Firefox still comes first in terms of extensions and configurations.

I am having huge problems with Chrome when downloading anything to my computer, it crashes all the time. Anybody experiencing that as well?

I tried IE recently and it was much faster than I remember. Still, it's like they just copied Firefox and Chrome, so what's the point? Most of the time, Chrome is the fastest for me. There are times when it falls asleep, but usually that's just Flash playing up again.

Actually IE 9 is the fastest - technically speaking

What internet explorer does now is that it usses your extra ram that your not using from your available computer cache and it directs it towards internet explorer to plug-in performance. Not to mention IE is was the first to read HTML5 and CSS3 code. As of now Chrome only partially reads CSS3 but not fully.

Actually IE 9 is the fastest - technically speaking

What internet explorer does now is that it usses your extra ram that your not using from your available computer cache and it directs it towards internet explorer to plug-in performance. Not to mention IE is was the first to read HTML5 and CSS3 code. As of now Chrome only partially reads CSS3 but not fully.

I think you may mean IE10, not IE9.

Fastest, maybe... not necessarily the best, though. It's quirky.

My default now is the latest version of Firefox (17.x) but I also have IE10 which looks promising and Safari.... Chrome for me is a distant 4th, only used for testing web pages.

MI
Back