The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

I own 2 Google News tech sites, how to monetize them?

tommysh

affiliate
Hi there guys,

I'm new here, my name is Thomas, I have a team of a few excellent tech writers, traffic of around 10k uniques per day, only organic, mostly US as each site is in Google News US. But I've been so focused on the design and keywords and writers and everything else that I have no idea how to monetize the sites.

Do you have any idea of what to integrate? There are news-related sites with tech content, I don't think affiliate will really work as I don't really promote a specific product. Adssense is also out of the question as I like a service with an affiliate partner, someone who I can talk to and advise me.

Thanks,
Tommy.

People who are into tech, or engaged in technically oriented occupations, have the needs of most people -- albeit a higher spendable income ...

Creative ads with complementary targeting. I would try some higher profile affiliate programs with quality offers. The other issue is to make certain that there is no real negative affect on your Google News traffic.

I get a few tech newsletters targeted toward the enterprise level. These emails offer whitepapers free that are essentially product hype with some useful information from industry sellers of SaaS and self hosted software that they are selling -- I assume they pay for the privilege <<<(mail list ads)

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

Thanks for your reply Graybead, "Creative ads with complementary targeting", sounds nice, but these websites I have are kind of new 1-2 weeks of constant 8k~ per day, I've tried talking with sortable they've told me to wait a bit, the same with taboola, talking with monumetric but everything is so slow. While I am paying lots of money to writers daily, I need to come up with something. Traffic is good and raising (I have lots of experience), the writers are exceptional and I don't want to reduce their work as I'm afraid they will find other gigs.

About tech newsletters, I don't have a good number of subscribers yet, I think there are 1-2 per day. About negative affecting the GN sites you are right, that's why I've highlighted they are in GN.

I simply have no idea what to do next. I believe the traffic is of the utmost quality, but only about 2 weeks passed since I've started on them, I have to wait 2-3 months so those big guys accept me (I'm working with Mediavine on another site, they are absolutely great but only accept old sites) and going like now will ruin me financially.

I have no idea how to monetize the sites.
Do you have any idea of what to integrate?

Selling Ad Space
Affiliate Marketing - Place some affiliate network or affiliate program offer banners in the margins or a leaderboard.
Sponsored Content - Native Ads
Membership Program - Make some premium content available to members
Collect Emails - DOI - Promote new content as well as sponsored posts through email, and more!

There is more, but these will work well!

banners
Back