The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

I need help please

Leon A

affiliate
I need to know how to edit a template I have on my website. The template is from my host gator account. I never done this before; can anybody help me please.

I need to know how to edit a template I have on my website. The template is from my host gator account. I never done this before; can anybody help me please.

Start by asking tech support at Hostgator. They can tell you what built in editors they have and how to access them.

Please help

Start by asking tech support at Hostgator. They can tell you what built in editors they have and how to access them.

I did talk to gator tech support. They said I would have to used html to change the template. I was also told they can not help me with this action.

Well, you will have to use HTML. Is there an editor available in your cPanel?

If you don't know anything about HTML, you'll either have to learn or pay someone else to do the modifications.

Well, you will have to use HTML. Is there an editor available in your cPanel?

If you don't know anything about HTML, you'll either have to learn or pay someone else to do the modifications.

Do you know any good resources for learning html?

Actually, Beatrice, you might want to NOT use the HG template and consider using WordPress for your website. You would still host it with HG. There is some good documentation at the HG site to help you load WP into your site through Fantastico - which is on your C-Panel. HG techs will also help you with this.

Then, there is tons of information and too many themes to choose on WP all over the net. I would suggest that you only select a theme that is already listed and available for activating directly through WP (don't go through the hassle of uploading a separate theme). Select one of the more popular ones, perhaps one of the ones that comes already there with your WP install. When you have questions, type in the question WITH THE THEME NAME in google, and you'll find an answer on some forum 99% of the time.

It's easier than it sounds, and you'll still have to learn a bit of html, but you won't need to be fluent.

And you can always learn more as you go, but using WP would get you up and running very quickly.

I learned html and css at W3Schools Online Web Tutorials. Everything you need to know about building and editing a website is located there.

This a common for a web host company not to provide support for html and css because, they already have templates pre designed and could spend hours trying to explain one piece of code. That wouldn't be cost efficient for the company providing they are for there for technical issues.

Just learn one piece at a time and it will add up, starting with html and then css to add style to your website.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Don't you have any money so that someone else will do the work for you? It is faster this way.
What cms do you use?

banners
Back