The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I linked to hundreds of bad neighbourhood :(

temi

affiliate
I have a web design directory which is a few years old, used to be on Page one of Google for keywords like "uk web design directory" but gradually started slipping...............

I have a lot of other things to do so I never really paid attention to it. I finally took a look at it about 3 days ago, to my horror I was that horrible people have packed the comments facility with links to hundreds and hundreds of horrible sites.

There was just too many to clean up so I completely trashed the site and reinstall a fresh copy of eSyndicat, at least you can control comments in eSyndicate.

Moral of the story is that "disable features" that are not in use on your site/script and should you lose grounds in search engine, look at less obvious thinks like inadvertently linking to bad sites without you knowing.

Absolutely right Temi. Same as forums that do not cleanse their members homepages etc. ANYWHERE where there is thrid part linking involved should be moderated.

I used a script called info wizard , its terrible that people can actually add such comments to a site without you knowing......... the script is quite old, I think I bought it about 3-4 years ago, I hope they have plugged this loop hole in their script.

banners
Back