The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

I have never Created my own media/banner - is that a critical mistake?

isleitems24

affiliate
Hello everybody ,

I am been Affiliating for few months now , I have been trying to test / eliminate unprofitable campaign , but I do have some profitable campaigns

BUT

the question is .. is the fact that I never created my own banner or landing page kills my sucuess crucially?
I mean , I AM testing different banners but only those that I get from Mobpartner / the netword itself.

is this a critical mistake or this is minor improvment I can use later whenever I receive some profitable campaigns?

Thanks!

Yeah But my question is .. is this possible to be profitable while not using your own ads?
I mean , I am now investigating this whole mobile affiliation field and my question is if while I am testing the field - is this wrong not to make my own ads?

I prefar to find some sucuessfull campaigns and then , in order to increase conversion - to change the banners.

is this a mistake? or shuold I have to make banners before I test a campaign?

this question can be answered ony from the expert point of view

Of course it's possible.
And I think you are on the right track. By using given banners first save your effort and help you test quickly. And for initial learning, doing this is less overwhelming and help master the whole process step by step.
HOWEVER, you have to use your discretion. Say the given banners look terrible, you have a good feeling your own banners will work better, test it out.
Or say after you test the given banners and it didn't work out, but you feel there's strong potential that the offer will work, then you better make more banners.

And i only suggest this way for initial weeks or a month of learning. If you are at a stage that you mastered the basic of setting up and launching campaigns already, Then I suggest you put it more effort and make some banners to test most of the time.

There's not really a right or wrong method per say, gonna test it out. it's like learning a skill, like swimming, someone can explain to you the theory what is right, the strokes and kicks have to be in a certain way.. but only after you jump in the water and test it out.. you will know what 'strokes' work for you.

Have fun testing :)

I would say only use stock banners for initial testing to see if the offer is worth pursuing.

Think about it, you are competing with hundreds of affiliate wanting users to click their ads over yours and you need out-think/outperform them. If you're stuck with your banners as a fixed variable then what edge do you have on the rest of your competition in order to stand out?

Massive profits come from the really unique angles that gives you that massive ROI and to find that angle you need to test tonnes of banners!

Look for iamattila's post on how to run mobile campaigns for a live example.

Using the given banners, to make profits is great.
But soon you will want start studying why some banners and working better than others.
Next, you will want to come up with your own custom banners which usually are better since these are new and not burned out.

I highly suggest you use start using custom banners, you can help your campaigns last longer and make more profits

Hey,
yourself have the answer
irs1995 said:
have been trying to test / eliminate unprofitable campaign , but I do have some profitable campaigns

If this method is working for you don't replace it, try to scale and then test new banners at the same time

Hey,
yourself have the answer

If this method is working for you don't replace it, try to scale and then test new banners at the same time

Thank you guys so much for the comments - I will surely test your ideas!

anybody has a good tool of making a banner? I am not a graphic-person =/
and do I need to touch the landing page aswell?
most of my campaigns landing pages are SUCKS.

1 more question - is this possible to obtain JAVA MIDP clicks without burning my clicks on Android,Ios and Blackberry?
I have successfully avoided blackberry while choose Feature Phones on buzzcity , and did not mark blackberry .. and Apple... but still got the annoying Andorid
I want only the JAVA MIDP - there is a way to avoid Andorid aswell? I got Nokia , Dell , Samsung , HTC etc - how do I know who belongs to andorid so I can remove it?

I've used this one before, it's super easy and contains no ads/watermark, etc. BannerFans - Free Banner Maker[/url]

Also, you can use Word then snip the image, paste it into Paint then save as a jpg/png. Or use Paint itself, though I can't stand it, can't do a whole lot with it.

thanks for your help friend!

any chance you can answer rest of the questions?

I've used this one before, it's super easy and contains no ads/watermark, etc. BannerFans - Free Banner Maker[/url]

Also, you can use Word then snip the image, paste it into Paint then save as a jpg/png. Or use Paint itself, though I can't stand it, can't do a whole lot with it.

You're welcome!

I'm not one of the pros/experts here but I would think that not knowing how to create banners is not critical, exactly. I imagine you could get by with network supplied creatives but I think it's good to get creative sometimes. All the other affiliates pushing those offers may be using the same banners from the network. A custom-made one could make you stand out. It also helps when the creatives are ugly, or simply don't appeal to your target audience.

Can you get by with supplied creatives for now? Sure you can but I believe you can benefit financially by creating your own when need be.

Don't forget to make sure that using your own creatives is allowed for the offer. Sometimes, they're not. Sometimes, they have to be approved.

Sorry, like I said, I'm no expert but this is what I think on the subject.

MI
Back