The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How toget started in Email marketing?

HuskyFur

affiliate
New to Email marketing.
have been a software engineer for 9 years now and have dabbled in CPA as wella s website flipping throughout.

Want to start building target lists to mail offers. Just dont know where to start.

I am well aware of how to setup mailing servers as well as know what host providers let you mass mail.

Just need some direction.

Budget of 25-30k CAD.

Looking to quit my job in the next year at the lastest.

Looking for serious help.

Well you must build content that attract people and you will be able to buld a list .In my case i have a blog in my niche and i post quality content to help people ,then a pop up optin show on my site with a free gift in excghange for email adress .I also have a youtube channel ,i markett on facebook by promoting my landing page on facebook groups

Well you must build content that attract people and you will be able to buld a list .In my case i have a blog in my niche and i post quality content to help people ,then a pop up optin show on my site with a free gift in excghange for email adress .I also have a youtube channel ,i markett on facebook by promoting my landing page on facebook groups
That was what I thought, offer some quality and of value to get them to opt in. Understood.

With that budget, running ads to gather leads is a smart option.
Find a target audience that you can promote to, gather opt ins by offering sum value to them with either an ebook or some kind of valuable information with your opt in(some markets require a pre lander).
Once you have gathered your target emails in whatever software your using(Clickfunnels, Market Hero, generic autoresponder). Send out some more value emails to build trust and awareness of who you are.
Then you can promote the affiliate product to that audience that is targeted.
Alot more than that to learn, but that's some basic information.
My Skype is in my sig if you need some help during business hours(ADT timezone).
BrainFood

are you planning on building multiple lists in different niches or just one specific niche?

i think the any successful email marketing business start with choosing the right niche. (Profitable, lotta product to promote, low competition, and large market..)

After you figured out what you want to do. You need to have a solid funnel to convert visitor to leads then to buyers.
you will be split testing traffic, landing pages to increase conversion rates. once you find the right one put you money in it.. there are software and tools to help you build landing pages and optimize conversion rates.

I know people spending $300k/mo getting 1k-1,5k hot leads per day. but in the end its all about how much one lead cost you and how much money it will make you in long term. the best thing you can automate this system and it will be working for you..

My advice start small, choose one niche, go with 3 or 4 landing pages and send small traffic and optimize and grow bigger.

I've been in the email marketing business for over 16 years.

I can give you the short version of what I do and how, but's it's not mainstream.

I heavily promote PPL (pay per lead...lead generation) offers. This is because there is no credit card / purchase required to complete an offer. All a user has to do is fill out a form, so conversion rates are typically much higher compared to offers that require a sale to be made.

I favor offers that have a make, get or save money benefit to them, as they have overall worked the best. They also tend to have the greatest mass appeal (will be of interest to a large general audience), so the potential exists to produce high volume and they are fairly easy to cross promote on the back-end.

Some of the verticals (niches) I have done extremely well with are: education, insurance, loans, debt, credit, mortgage, assistance, discount offers, homeowner offers, etc...

The bulk of the offers that I promote pay $20-$40 per lead, but I also promote offers that pay more and less. You don't want to get too caught up on what an offer pays because how well it converts is just as important. For example, if you have an offer that pays $9, but if it converts at 2X or more of a $20 offer, then it will perform about the same or possibly better. At the same time, if you have an offer that pays $90 and it converts poorly, it may not even be worth promoting.

Bottom line: it's far easier to get someone fill out a short form than to get them to pull out their credit card and make a purchase. So why struggle with trying to sell this or that, when you can provide free information that users want/need and get paid well doing it.

I drive traffic by acquiring 3rd party email data, which is data that the users have shown an interest in a specific vertical(niche) and have given permission to receive messages from third parties. You get the opt-in record for every user and it's 100% can-spam compliant.

By acquiring data, I'm building assets that I then own and can market to over and over at very low cost. So I control and can drive traffic on-demand to the offers I'm promoting. Which is key to CPA / affiliate marketing success. However, 3rd party data will rarely be as responsive as a high-quality opt-in list you build yourself. But it really doesn't matter because it is much cheaper and highly scalable compared to convention list building.

You don't want to just buy data blindly and you want to get it from reputable sources. You should always test a small, but adequate size sample and see how it performs. Then based on your test you will have a much better idea how quickly it will take to get break-even and what it is really worth to you.

The key to making it work long term is to always be collecting your opens / clickers, segmenting, and removing unresponsive users. That way over time you are building smaller, but more responsive lists that you should eventually be able to send less and make more with each mailing. Essentially you are converting the data from quantity to quality. Which you then cross promote the offers on the backend.

Basically, I monetize the data using PPL offers because they offer the path of least resistance to generating conversions($$$) and converting the data into cash producing assets. So it's really been the combination of the two PPL and data acquisition that has worked so well for me.

Obviously, there is more to it, but done right it can be extremely profitable. Everyone that I know that is in the business and knows what they are doing, for the most part, does 6-7 figures. While that's a huge range, much comes down to one's ability to scale and effectively build / manage the infrastructure needed to scale.

Something to think about.

First, you need to sign up for an email marketing automation platform. Then, you need to create an incentive to get people to opt-in. People won't just give you their email unless they get something in return. You need to create something of value. There is a major difference between creating an incentive that people should use vs an incentive that people need to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back