The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to win SEOcontest 2008 !!

I hope you dont mind doing so with a 4 year old domain on SEO stuffs? :friends:

Don't mind at all! Send me your URL with anchor text and brief description (10-15 words)

@MeetHere... I don't compete for the prize but I am curious how high I can get with very limited effort I put into this lens...

why not ? :D

so all i have to do is hire a seo guy & buy backlinks & i win 1,000 dollars! i dont think that's allowed! :banned:

so assuming i spend 500 $$ - i still get 500 $$ - & the fame !!!:scared:

so people can ask me questions about seo & i wont know the answers !

h...mmmm - i plan to play fair & square ! :D

so no thanks !

so all i have to do is hire a seo guy & buy backlinks & i win 1,000 dollars! i dont think that's allowed! :banned:

so assuming i spend 500 $$ - i still get 500 $$ - & the fame !!!:scared:

so people can ask me questions about seo & i wont know the answers !

h...mmmm - i plan to play fair & square ! :D

so no thanks !

lol. I am sure many people are doing the same thing. :friends:

If you dont, you will lose.:death:

Thats not possible. ;)

One cannot rule out the possibilities too. Here is one deadline (thats pretty short) and no one know how SE's will behave, they never leak out their algorithm, so this will be risk.

If it was a long term plan then the story would be different. Natural links always give more weight over paid links. Also SE's come down heavily on paid links, so that may add a negative factor.

To win this contest, best bet is keyword rich domains, preferably the exact match. (Though I am competing with a brand and even not using the exact match URL) For short term goals this is the best option.

If you check the results all exact match domains indexed in no time and appearing in order to their authority. 40 days is pretty short time to remove them.

This is what i understand so far. will appreciate views from the board.

Correctly said seonotes.

I am not saying only about paid links.
Those can be free links too. The aim is to build backlinks as off-page seo plays an important role.
Just a keyword rich domain, keyword stuffed articles may not help.

Lets see how the winner performs. :)

Well im 100% free & organic. Buying links is the easy option, If it were a multi million pound project ok i could agree buying links would be beneficial, Yet i see this contest as a pure seo skill contest & those that use paid links simply doing what any non seo person can do & shows no real skill, talent or understanding.

Well im 100% free & organic. Buying links is the easy option, If it were a multi million pound project ok i could agree buying links would be beneficial, Yet i see this contest as a pure seo skill contest & those that use paid links simply doing what any non seo person can do & shows no real skill, talent or understanding.

very true! this contest will create new winners for sure! till this contest I never know about you, the Team from Bulgaria and many more. Yes I was well aware with Old Welsh Guy probably one of the most experienced SEO here. If I remember correctly he was an active member along with Mr. SEO at SEOConsultants early 2002.

It's really feel something different when you came across hard core professionals. If every thing goes ethically one doesn't have any regrets loosing the contest as it's win for those who deserve it well.

I tend to keep my head low in out right daft discussions on who is right & who is not unlike OWG who rightly puts his valid points across i would rather sit back & laugh at the muppets who think they are the most influential people in the industry, rightly said about OWG i respect his views immensely.

Hi guys, how about using social bookmarking? Or blog commenting? And article marketing? Link baiting?
Is anyone using these methods?

Just look on the Google results pages and you will find your answer... :)

Looks like all option you mentioned are being used by someone.

Just look on the Google results pages and you will find your answer... :)

Looks like all option you mentioned are being used by someone.

Thank you Skinner, I agree that Google is the best witness, and it's easy to interrogate it by using proper filters.

I've followed your advise and I see the obvious:

Contestant positioned as Number 1 (Feb. 20, 2008) appears on Google search results as follows:

has 61 pages listed by Google
374 external pages are linking to the contestant's site
there are a lot of social bookmarks from netscape, propeller, technorati, dao, jaiku, mybloglog
has many links from a forum

These results answered my question.

MI
Back