The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to track telephone sales on a site I don't manage?

Crespo

affiliate
Hello guys,
I'm a newbie to the community and trying to figure out how to track sales which my website generates for 3rd party advertisers.

I have recently launched a travel related affiliate site and listing offers for 3rd party travel operators. I receive the offers directly and not via an affiliate network. I can track clicks (referrals out) to the travel operator's website using Google Analytics, but I need to know if the click resulted in a sale.

The challenge is most of the sites I'm sending traffic to use either an inquiry form or a telesales phone number to convert the order inquiry. I obviously have no control over this process and trying to avoid any set-up or heavy lifting to be done by the advertiser.

Can anyone recommend any tracking solutions which could help here or am I a wishful thinker?

Thanks for your generous help!

Hello guys,
I'm a newbie to the community and trying to figure out how to track sales which my website generates for 3rd party advertisers.

I have recently launched a travel related affiliate site and listing offers for 3rd party travel operators. I receive the offers directly and not via an affiliate network. I can track clicks (referrals out) to the travel operator's website using Google Analytics, but I need to know if the click resulted in a sale.

The challenge is most of the sites I'm sending traffic to use either an inquiry form or a telesales phone number to convert the order inquiry. I obviously have no control over this process and trying to avoid any set-up or heavy lifting to be done by the advertiser.

Can anyone recommend any tracking solutions which could help here or am I a wishful thinker?

Thanks for your generous help!
you buy virtual telephone

You will only know if there is a sale when the vendor you contract with (refer to) tells you so.
So there is a trust factor and earnings per click (EPC) factor -- supposition but that's the best you can do in this situation.

There are services such as Ringba for tracking inbound calls. Simply google "track inbound calls". You will get a new number that will need to be posted on the website, so if that's a possibility then one of these solutions should work.

You can't track the phone calls on someone else's website. That's the reason why you should always avoid ANY offer where there is a phone number on the landing page. If you honestly think the advertiser is going to let you know about the phone sales you're dreaming.

You could try and get them to install call tracking and attribute the calls from your affiliate ID to you, but there is still trust needed that they attribute them correctly, which they probably won't. They don't need to attribute them because they can get people to send them traffic without it and probably make a killing.

(call tracking is an added cost for the advertiser)

MI
Back