The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to Start as a Merchant

rentacar

affiliate
What do you need to have in place to get started as a merchant on the Aff Networks? What is the minimum? What kind of tracking technology do you need? Do they provide this, and is it easy to implement? Web design is not my strongest suit.

The big affiliate networks charge 5,000 - 10,000 to set up. A reasonable and popular option is Shareasale which is only 550 to set up.

Technical set up is fairly easy and just requires you to set up a tracking pixel on the thank you page of your shopping cart. The networks give you instructions on how to do this.

Anyone else have any input for rentacar?

Shareasale

Nope, that just about sums it up. Pretty simple. And it does sound like Shareasale would be a good option for you. They will help you with inserting their html code on the "Thank You" page of your site.

We probably should, though, cover what happens after you sign up. Normally you get what I call a honeymoon period where lots of affiliates try you all at once, you see sales rise, but pretty soon they start to drop off. You may be impressed by the volume dozens of affiliates are doing, but they individually may not.

A successful affiliate program requires regular interaction with your current affiliates and recruitment of new ones.

Just thought I'd throw that in in case you had not looked at all the aspects. Now, you can run it yourself if you have the time to devote to it, or you can hire a full time manager or you can hire an outsourced manager. That's about the three basic ways it is done.

Hope you find it all works out for you and runs well.

ok we joined Shareasale. I'mnot afraid of having coupon sites as affiliates. I agree with Ron, you definitely need to be "interactived" with your affiliate.
In doing so, more money on the table i think. I can't say wait and see but act and see!

banners
Back