How to research URL's for PPV traffic.

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
howtoresearchurlsforppv.jpg

How to research URL's for PPV traffic.

In this guide I want to show you how you can easily grab your URL's to bid on for PPV traffic. You can use a URL scraper tool but this is a great way to start.

Bidding on URL's

With PPV traffic often your ad is shown when a certain user visits a certain URL. That URL is determined by you when you set up your campaign. You must make sure the URL is relevant and targeted to your offer. For example you wouldn't bid for your "insurance" ad to be shown on a children's games website. There're several ways to find URL's targeted to your offer but this is the most straight forward and cost effective one.

Find an Offer

With this method it's always best to go targeted with the offer. You can select one of the biggest dating offers or a green coffee one but it will be harder to research exact URL's and you may have to think of a clever angle. For this example I have chosen "JustCloud.com" from my PeerFly account. The offer is all about storing your files and making back ups of them on the "cloud". It's an offer that appeals to many people and allows for some good angles.

step1.png

Find out the offer URL

Nine times out of ten these bigger offers will be the affiliate program of a commercial product or website. So you need to establish the products normal domain. For this example it's pretty easy to establish it's JustCloud.com. Grab the domain and copy it and then head on over to the new google adwords keyword planner tool.

step2.png

Google AdWords Keyword Planner Tool

This new tool is available to everyone with the basic adwords account. With your offer domain copied head on over to the tool and you need to hit the top option that is highlighted below. > Search for new keyword and ad group ideas.

We're going to ignore the ad group ideas and just focus on the keyword results.

step3.png

Enter your Offer URL

On the next screen you are taken to the new tool that is pretty similar to the original keyword tool from Google. Ignore the first box and enter your offer URL in the second field > Your landing page.

Once entered make sure if your offer only excepts traffic from a certain country etc then select only that country in the location field. If not leave alone and click the "Get ideas" button.

step4.png

Sort by Keyword Ideas and Avg.monthly searches

You will be taken to the Ad group ideas tab but select the Keyword ideas tab as seen below and then click the "Avg.monthly searches" category to show the highest searched terms. You want to only pick those keywords with high search volume and ignore anything below.

step5.png

Grab the keywords one by one and Google them!

Select the keywords one by one and go ahead and google them.

step6.png

You will see the results of the searched term bring up pages of websites on Google. You now need to be abit smart and find URL's from the first few pages that seem relevant to your offer. Ignore any generic or general sites, the best sites to look for are individual companies. Stay clear of the amazon's, googles, apple's etc as they are far to broad and expensive to bid on.

Go ahead and click through to the sites on the results page and make sure they are targeted enough for your offer. For example google may show a site on the first page that when you view actually has nothing to do with your offer at all!

I'd suggest starting with 10-20 URL's to bid on, so find the most relevant across the highest searched terms and make note of the URL's. If you find some URL's are extensions for example google.com/somethinghere then write down the full URL not just the root.

Another little tip is to head over to Alexa and run a test on the URL you plan on bidding on. I'd recommend trying to find domains under 100k alexa rank in your targeted country as you will ensure the volume of traffic is there and worth bidding on!

livedrive.jpg

rackspace.png

As you can see above these two domain would be a good start for my targets. Both offer public cloud storage and if I create an angle on my justcloud pop up lander then I could snatch their lead right from under their noses!

Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Hey there, thanks for that. Can you go into detail in regards to tracking ppv campaigns please. Talking through different strategies such as a banner straight to the offer as opposed to lander etc. Thanks

Should we just target the root url first and when we find it profitable then we add in index...

What's the best budget to start with per day for each campaign?
How long should we let the campaign run to see if they are a Profitable campaign?

Any good valuable tips will be much appreciated. Thank you

MI
Back