The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to get products to review?

Affmanrocket

affiliate
How do people who do reviewing blogs and vlogs get on lists to be sent review models?

I was looking at my mentor site Gear Patrol and they review cars and have affiliate links. However not all cars are reviewed, some are just mentioned and are linked as alternative type vehicles etc.

How do I get a Ford Raptor or f350 sent to me to review? lol. Sounds Absurd right?

If I went and test drove one and reviewed it, do I have to declare I am reviewing it or is that a legit method?

Cars are not my thing. But I do have items in the $1-$5k mark I plan to review, soft and hard sell (hard sell meaning via review). How do I get a demo version of that product to review?

It's mostly (most cases) total bullshit.
Car and Driver (or another legit auto reviewer) will have manufacturers provide them with test vehicles to review and return in the end --that is how it is done.

You can test drive (trial use) a product (purchase or trial [stating the features available for the trial]) and probably be OK legally --speak with a competent licensed attorney on this.

I think reviews on websites with little authority carry little weight -- too easy to fake :eek: but that's me not Joe Lunchbucket ;)

It's mostly (most cases) total bullshit.
That was my assumption.

Can you state an opinion on a product based on what it offers (its specifications)? Thats how a lot of these reviews seem.

Im not looking to sell cars, but I would like to get hold of review models of products to "review" and market. Im talking more $1k to $5k. For example how do IT nerds like me get hold of the latest notebook or smartphone to review? There must be a site that lists who to contact etc?

... For example how do IT nerds like me get hold of the latest notebook or smartphone to review? There must be a site that lists who to contact etc?
Go check it out at a retail store (like a shopper) ;) get creative ... Small items you might get one free for PR if you promise a review and have an established website where to publish it (some credibility) and some offer some benefit to the manufacturer.

Another way is to read a lot of reviews --and write a line of good BS --I think that what people do mainly :D If you are trying for traffic/SEO ...

banners
Back