The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to get massive amounts of traffic to your site!

The goal has to be to get targeted traffic

Hi,
The aim has to be to get 'Targeted traffic' to your site.

I find that the best way to achieve that is to:
(a) Do keyword research and find 5-10 highly targeted 'Niche-Keywords'within your chosen Niche.

Let me explain... Let's say your niche is 'Weight Loss'. Any keyword research will quickly show that if you target this keyword, you will be competing with Millions of Webpages.

So... As a first step you need to find what I call targeted 'Niche-Keywords' within your broader Niche.

It is also a good idea to search for Niche-Keywords' that demonstrate a need. A good way to go about this is to search sites such as 'Yahoo Answers'... In our example you will target the 'Weight Loss' search term on the Yahoo-Site you will be looking for questions such as "How do I lose weight", or expressions of a need such as 'Where Do Ifind A tutorial on..." Anything that focus on a problem, issue, or need...

These are the keyword phrases that one needs to target because:
- Just by virtue of being there they demonstrate a 'NEED' for information;
- A 'red-hot'prospect.. Someone having an issue and seeking advise.

The purpose has to be to find 5 to 10 of these type of keywords.

Next you need to check on a site such as 'Google Adwords' how many monthly searches are made using these keyword terms. I go for anything greater than 500. It may not seem like much, but any one typing that search term is an excellent prospect... someone with a need AND searching for a solution.

So... with this approach you make it easy to rank high in the search engines for that specific term... and any one entering a keyword such as 'How do i lose weight', or 'How do I improve my golf swing', etc. is searching for a specific solution. ... You just happen to offer that solution..

If you're using 'blogging' it is a good idea to have a seperate blog for each keyword. These blogs then need to reference each other and should collectively target your website....

All the best.

been following from since this thread started and I can't stop reading for more for...
Please keep posting relevant post here ;)

Thank you for the advice for getting massive amounts of traffic to websites.But I find that posting a blog is very difficult and do not know how to write a good article to submit.And some of my ID have been banned in some forum because of I posting the text with link as ad.I have less experience in promoting website.Anyone can tell me how to increae the website of my company quickly ? I will appreciate your help.wait for answer!:)

Widget Strategy?

This is a good list. I like to use ALL of these methods to build traffic...

But I will tell you that the best results I've had have been using these methods PLUS a widget strategy for viral spread and massive back-links. The widget play brought my site to a PR7 in 6 months...

Sorry, but what exactly is a widget strategy?

Is this a new term or am I just out of the loop? :)

Confused:

George

The most basic strategy is to create a website visitor counter - remember, almost every site had them back in 1997? They are easy to make and then you just gotta get people to put them on their sites. Usually this is no problem cos newbies always want one on their first site.

The in the code, you put a little link on small font with your keyword.

A non-tech person won't even know any code so they won't know what it does.

Repeat x 10,000 and you will rank for almost anything.

Of course it doesn't have to be counters. It can be any cool idea (I saw a great one about money spent since the iraq war started for example)

Does this strategy still work? Or, does Google block, demerit, or otherwise exclude websites that implement these tactics.

Just Wondering

George

Just one advice: vary on your anchor tetxs as this will make your backlinks look more natural in the eyes of the SE bots...

How do you vary "on your anchor texts" to make your back links look more natural?

I have never heard of this strategy. Is it still necessary?

Waiting to hear from you.

George

How do you vary "on your anchor texts" to make your back links look more natural?

I have never heard of this strategy. Is it still necessary?

You vary the words put in your links to make them look more natural and also to get backlinks for different sets of keywords. So if you had a travel site and were posting in travel forums, some of your sig links might say Best Travel Deals some might say cheap airline tickets and other variations.

Personally what i do is not try to get lots of traffic to my sites, but position them in the search engines. This is because the traffic i get from the search engines is more segmentend and qualified than getting tons of traffic from anywhere.

I run mostly blogs in several niches, and adding quality content in a daily basis and pinging several ping services have helped me get the traffic i need.

I'd love to learn a little bit more about those widgets though.

Regards.

Personally what i do is not try to get lots of traffic to my sites, but position them in the search engines. This is because the traffic i get from the search engines is more segmented and qualified than getting tons of traffic from anywhere.

I run mostly blogs in several niches, and adding quality content in a daily basis and pinging several ping services have helped me get the traffic i need.

Widgets are basically just add-ons (usually made using Javascript) that once implemented in a website's code page, provide trackbacks to your website. Anyone can make them they just need to be something applicable. These can really help to boost your Alexa ranking.

Now, that was the really simple definition. If you already knew that, sorry :) Ask me all of your questions and I will do my best to respond.

I also have another question for you. Doesn't Google also factor in traffic when it "ranks" a web page. If I am incorrect on this, then how exactly do you try to position your sites on the search engines? If you have anything that I could specifically implement today or during this week, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Forum signature and comment posting are also good whitehat SEOs that can increase your rankings in the SERPs and thereby increasing your traffic

I cant see here any mention of useful places where u can make a widget so here is one:
widgadget dotcom

Im not allowed to post links even though im not spamming

well right now I am using squidoo lens, ezine articles and other article directory.

Even these forums could help :)

Jameel you said well. Be patient and keep on working. Thanks for that!

Hi

The biggest question out there is how to get traffic to your site. Here's one of the best answers for you.

CREATE A TRAFFIC ACTION PLAN!

it's that simple, here's how you do it:

- List atleast 7 of the proven traffic methods that works for you. Should consist of free and paid methods. e.g articles, PPC, SEO etc

- Once you have a list of all the proven traffic methods that you like the best it's time to organise them. Make a daily action plan, weekly action plan and a monthly ation plan.

E.G of a daily action plan

- Post to blog
- comment on other blogs for a free link back
- take part in forums

E.G of a Weekly action plan

- Write and distribute an article
- Create a viral report of quality info

E.G of a monthly action plan

- Check your stats, rememebr you should be tracking everything!
- optimize your efforts based on stats

That's just an example, mix some things arround and make one that suites you best. Stick to it and it will bring you massive traffic.

DO NOT JUDGE RESULTS TOO QUICKLY!

be patient and you'l' be rewarded with massive traffic and sales!

To Your Success

Jameel Mukadam

Hi, ok... I understand how to track my clickbank traffic (from my site), but is there a low/no cost widget that can track the traffic to my site that does not route to affilitate sites I am promoting? I can see how I can track the effectiveness of the products I am promoting, but I am unsure how to track the effectiveness of my blog's ability to generate interest. Obviously, I am confident that my content is quality, but tracking the numbers would take my opinion out of the equation.
Thanks!

This sounds like a great plan for getting traffic to my sites. I plan to put a daily action plan to work. Thanks for some great ideas. I'm learning a lot in this forum.

MI
Back