The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to find the directories where I submitted my site?

jani

affiliate
Whenever I find a good Free web directory, I submit my website smartpixels.net over there. Now I want to know that on how many directories and on which directories I have submitted my site.

Is there any way to see it?

Also, does this directory submission thing will increase the traffic to my site or it will only help for getting a good PageRank? I have never seen any traffic from the directories I have submitted my site, so my submission was waste??

Hey Jani,

The only way to check if your site is listed in the directory is doing direct search on the directory page.
The best tool for checking backlinks is probably Yahoo Site Explorer - it gives you more complete list than anyone else.
I usually use MarketLeap tool to check backlinks - it gives you an option to see the history of your backlinks

Regarding the traffic... I would say 99% of the time you will not get referrals from the directories and definitely forget about PR now (thanks Google!). What you may get is a help in improving your SERP's if directory structured properly.

Try a little experiment: do a search for your targeted terms on all engines and if any directory comes up on the 1st (maybe 2nd) page - that's where you want to list your site.

I was checking what keywords brought visitors to my directory and there were terms directly related to some websites listed here. It means they will get some extra traffic from my directory...

Thanks skinner for sharing the links. I opened Yahoo site explorer but I am not understanding what it is saying. However the other site you shared (marketleap) is awesome. It is showing only 4 backlinks to my smartpixels on google but 3002 backlinks on yahoo. Interesting to see only 4 links from google and 3K link from yahoo :D

And about the directory submission, I don't know about SERP's.

i think u need to check all backlinks and see which are directories and which are sites, i dont think theres a tool that just show u backlinks from only directories

MI
Back