The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to find do-follow blogs for building backlinks?

mla16, if you're posting in forum for link juice or sig views there's a better way that what you are doing now. The sig you use here will get you little IF ANY link juice at all. You need to be using anchor text.

Format with BB code like this.

PHP:
[URL="http://www.yoursitehere.com"]Make Lots of Money[/URL]

It will look like this in your sig: Make Lots of Money

The phrase "Make Lots of Money" is anchor text and will help your site get ranked for those keywords. Without it, it's just a URL and doesn't count for much.

Also as you can see it's more readable and stand out more too.

Should you do this on blog comments too? Example:

comment: your comment

name: make more money
url: your url

or is that spam?

It's spam and most good blogs won't even approve your comment if you add a link. Some even have filters where if there is a link in the comment, it just goes straight to spam.

HOWEVER, in case you don?t know this, when you post a comment the link to your site is automatically added to your name.

Above the comment it will ask for:
name: make more money
email: your address
url: blog url

Then it will link for you and that's not considered spam. Only if you add a link within the comment itself.

ALSO as has been stated many time, but maybe not in this post, you need to make a real comment that adds to the discussion and is about the exact topic of that post. If you just post a generic "hey I like your blog, great idea" most blog owners will just delete it.

Ok so I'm clear on this, It's ok to write "make more money" where it asks for your name? Thats what I thought might have been considered spam. I'm sorry but I just really want to be clear on this.

Ok so I'm clear on this, It's ok to write "make more money" where it asks for your name? Thats what I thought might have been considered spam. I'm sorry but I just really want to be clear on this.

Well actually, sorry in that example I was using Make Lots of Money as that's a shortened version of mla16's blog "Let's Make Lots of Money Blog."

You can use your blog's name where it says name, or keywords related to your blog that sound like your name. But some very purist blogs would prefer if you used your real name not site or blog name.

I typically use 5 Star Affiliate Programs or 5starAffiliatePrograms when I comment on industry blogs and I do it more for the branding and real visitors than I do for back links.

Here's a do-follow blog search engine so you can try to find blogs in your niche. Blog DoFollow Diver

Many thanks, Linda! I've had fun playing with this tool.

The FF plugin which I use is called SearchStatus. It can do more than highlighting nofollow links - it is able to count keyword density, show backlinks, quickly access to the indexed pages, and some other simple SEO tools.

Thanks. I've installed that and will start testing.

Try setting up search engine alerts for related keywords such as "dofollow" so you can add new sites to your list as they appear.

Please explain so a n00b can understand!

Last edited by a moderator:
More info on Google Alerts: (etc)

Many thanks, Minstrel. I can't say how impressed I was by your nearly-instant response. Sorry to pester you with n00b questions, but I've heard that dofollow blogs are not really called "dofollow" technically. If I wanted to be alerted about dofollow blogs mentioning "christianity", how would I enter the criteria?

As explained in the video, just go to the Google Alerts page and enter the keyword "christianity", checking off blogs as the source. I'd also recommend that you create enter other alerts with slightly different search terms, e.g., "christianity blogs", "christian blogs", "religious blogs", that sort of thing. Or if it's a specific subset of Christianity, add terms like "Catholic", "Presbyterian", "born-again Christian", etc.

Since it's a free service, you can create several of these alerts and see which of them provides information about the kind of sites you're seeking. The alerts that seem unhelpful you can simply cancel/unsibscribe.

Once you get links to appropriate blogs, go to the actual site or post page and from your browser use "View Source". For example, in IE it would be, from the top menu, View >> Source. This will open the page in something like Notepad by default, or whatever else you may have set up for View Source. Try to find a page that has other comments already posted.

Then, once you are actually viewing the page, do a search for "comments" and look to see whether the links for commenters include "nofollow" in the URL - or simply do a search for "nofollow" on that page and see what is and is not nofollowed.

If a link isn't nofollow, by default it is dofollow.

Excellent idea. :)

And you're very welcome.

A doubly-excellent idea! I've been recommending a program called RegCure to people, and not getting anything out of it. Now I find that one of your sponsors, RevenueWire, will let me get a commission out of recommending RegCure. Your sponsored links were well worth visiting!

Yes. The marketing side of things is actually more Linda (forum owner) and 7 Days Ron. I'm still a newbie at it myself.

But I've used RegCure and similar products and tried my hand at prmoting them too.

If you are not using Firefox for plugin, you might take a look at Comment Kahuna. You can get a free version, and it's easy to use.

Just be sure to leave pertinent comments on the blog, or the comment may be deleted.

Not sure what you meant there, but thanks for suggesting this s/w.

I think he meant that if you don't use Firefox and therefore can't use the various recommended Firefox plugins, his suggestion is an alternative.

... can't use the various recommended Firefox plugins...

Ahaa! More knowledge for my deprived little brain! Can anybody help by telling what these plugins are? (And, just as important, saying if they have tried them, because I have found many plugins to be more trouble than they are worth.)

Several of these are mentioned in various threads here at 5 Star forums... you'll find them mostly by browsing through the search engine optimization forum here.

I don't use Firefox except to test web pages or when I otherwise have to, so I don't know tham all that well, but SEO Quake comes to mind and you'll find many more at seo plugins for firefox - Google Search.

Several of these are mentioned in various threads here at 5 Star forums... you'll find them mostly by browsing through the search engine optimization forum here...

Thanks. Perhaps I'm dim, but I don't think the search function works properly for this forum.

- "dofollow blogs directories" in Google
- "dofollow blog lists" Google
- "high rank dofollow blog" Google (yeah, viva Google xD)

- Social networking (facebook, twitter) to get traffic besides guest post and articles.

MI
Back