The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to find do-follow blogs for building backlinks?

ArizonaJay

<b>5 Star Moderator</b>
affiliate
How can I find blogs that are do-follow to post on - that will increase my backlinks, correct?

And in addition to article marketing and guest posting, what are some other effective ways of building backlinks?

Try to post helpful, non spammy stuff and you'r comments are more likely to get accepted. Do follow blog owners are pretty obsessive about comment moderation.

Try to post helpful, non spammy stuff and you'r comments are more likely to get accepted. Do follow blog owners are pretty obsessive about comment moderation.

Thanks dddougal, normally I would have mentioned that but I know Jeanette would post quality. But still good point to add for anyone else reading this.

You need to make a real post that talks about something in their post. Really add to the conversation. dddougal is right, those of us that are blog owners moderate spam comments all day and we can tell a comment just made for backlinks a mile away. Any time someone just makes a comment like: "nice blog, I agree with you about that". Or "good info, I just bookmarked it", or anything generic like that, we just delete it. Most of us are very anal about comments and only approve something that adds to the conversation.

There are TONS of free lists out there that have dofollow blogs you can post comments on. Try setting up search engine alerts for related keywords such as "dofollow" so you can add new sites to your list as they appear.

From my experience, many new bloggers allow dofollow links in comments in order to motivate a lot of people to visit their blogs. But after some time they get too many spammy post and decide to change the links to nofollow. So if you post comment to such weblog your link may become nofollow in a few weeks.

To avoid this problem I am searching for older lists of dofollow blogs. If you find some list which is at least one year old and the links are still dofollow there is good chance that the blog owner knows what he is doing and your links remain dofollow in the future.

That actually makes sense to me, Mr. MoneyTopList. Now can you explain how I can tell if the blog is still a dofollow?

Hi Jeanette,

There may be some Firefox plugin or some easier way, but one way is to just highlight one of the links in the blog's comments and look at the source code to see if no follow is added to the link.

Hi Jeanette,

There may be some Firefox plugin or some easier way, but one way is to just highlight one of the links in the blog's comments and look at the source code to see if no follow is added to the link.

Duh. I've comitted another blonde moment for all cyberspace to see. :eek: Thanks for being so tactful, Linda. :)

The FF plugin which I use is called SearchStatus. It can do more than highlighting nofollow links - it is able to count keyword density, show backlinks, quickly access to the indexed pages, and some other simple SEO tools.

Blog Commenting on

Use this search query in Google or Yahoo.
This will list all the .edu urls which have the word blog in it?s url.

site:.edu + keyoword + inur:blog

This will return all the .edu sites which are related to your keyword & have the word blog in it?s URL.

Now you can even more accurate results by using queries like,

site:.edu inurl:blog ?post a comment?

site:.edu inurl:blog ?post a comment? -?comments closed?

keyword + site:.edu inurl:blog ?post a comment? -?comments closed? -?you must be logged in?

You can also go to google blog search & use this search string. This gives better than the best results for sure..

keyword + site:.edu ?post a comment? -?comments closed? -?you must be logged in?

Use this method wisely & enjoy some valuable .edu links :) . Make sure you don?t over do this, Or you may end up getting in the SANDBOX of the BIG G

Use this search query in Google or Yahoo. This will list all the .edu urls which have the word blog in it?s url. ... Use this method wisely & enjoy some valuable .edu links

1. .edu links have no more value than any other link of equivalent PR and equivalent relevance to your site.
  2. your method won't help distinguish between dofollow and nofollow blogs

Use Google.
for example if you are on the "health" niche, you can search for "health leave a comment" and then comment on as much blogs as you can

can I jump in the back of this one, and ask the best way to find dofollow forums specific to your niche?? all of the lists of dofollow forums I find are not niche specific, is there a tool which is similar to the dofollow blog diver that linda posted a link to above?

mla16, if you're posting in forum for link juice or sig views there's a better way that what you are doing now. The sig you use here will get you little IF ANY link juice at all. You need to be using anchor text.

Format with BB code like this.

PHP:
[URL="http://www.yoursitehere.com"]Make Lots of Money[/URL]

It will look like this in your sig: Make Lots of Money

The phrase "Make Lots of Money" is anchor text and will help your site get ranked for those keywords. Without it, it's just a URL and doesn't count for much.

Also as you can see it's more readable and stand out more too.

I've found a few directories of do-follow blogs simply by searching google for "do follow blog" and "do follow blog directory".

I have a few UK ones but unsure whether I'm allowed to link them here or not. If not, no biggy, just do a search for the above and you'll find them.

MI
Back