The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to Do Article Marketing the Right Way

David Jackson

The following is an excerpt from my article, The Greatest Advertising Method Ever. The reason I'm sharing it with you is because, in my opinion, it's a much more effective way of article marketing. Anyway, here's the excerpt:

"There's a right way, and a wrong way to do article marketing. I'm going to share with you the right way. The reason I bring this up is because, until recently, I was doing article marketing the wrong way. I don't have a problem admitting that. And while I was getting decent results, I could have been getting even better results.

Anyway, what turned me around was an excellent article I read by Mark Daoust titled, "The Misunderstood Marketing Method." In his article, Mark writes:

"Instead of signing up for the latest article distribution program that promises to blast your article to a gazillion publishers that you may not even want publishing your article, choose one or two initial publications that you would like to be featured in, then work on developing a relationship with them."

The last two lines of that quote totally changed my article marketing philosophy:

"Choose one or two initial publications that you would like to be featured in, then work on developing a relationship with them."

And that's exactly the method I use today. I've established a relationship with a couple of select publications, and I submit my articles to them exclusively. If you want to have some control over where your articles are published, I advise you to do the same.

David Jackson

True, but you have to ask yourself what your writing your articles for. Are you using it for traffic or are you using it for backlinks. There's a ton of really good reasons for mass publication of your work. Mainly traffic, backlinks to your site (which bring you more traffic) and building your brand.

The more visible you are, but better your chances of someone finding you and needing your service.

Two or three is really limited in what can be accomplished.

At the same time spamming as you note is ineffective.

You may want to use about 20 to 30 sites that have high PageRank and which will edit spam articles submitted to their sites.

Much like a paid directory listing, these sites are trusted by Google to moderate the content to some extent. More and more they are becoming stringent on the content they will accept and some have now applied rel="nofollow" tags to many of the authors articles who have has spam based methods in place, however established authors can have their links followed.

Some of the sites are,

Wordpress.com
Wikidot.com
Squidoo.com
Hubpages.com
Digg.com
Wetpaint.com
30boxes.com

You can then use the articles to link to each other and then to your site and its inner pages as well.

:)
Hope this helps

ive always submitted as many articles as possible to try get as much traffic as possible but i suppose if you focused on 2 or 3 you would probably get more targeted quality traffic i suppose it depends on what you are looking to achieve

MI
Back