The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to correctly choose a niche?

So, this is a topic that divides the industry. Many say, choose a niche about something you love. The others say, nonsense, choose a niche based on its success with marketers.

Then there are those of us, like me, that say there is NO FORMULA here that covers one or the other. I can make a content site in a specific niche, something as silly and ridiculous as toenail fungus, or bathtub bacteria, or flipping used furniture, or ear and nose trimmers, etc., and make a success of them. It really is simple.

On the other hand, something I am passionate about is fishing. Guess what, I have never marketed anything to do with fishing. I could, and I can most definitely make it profitable, I just choose to follow my instincts about topics and subjects, rather than niches and offers. My good friend in California is also a very experienced marketer and avid fisherman. He markets the hell out of that niche almost exclusively. Maybe one of these days I'll hop on that bandwagon.

This is a highly subjective topic for some, and a highly objective subject for others. Your income and success will likely not be reliant on taking one position over the other.

The moral to this story is that all niches are profitable, providing a person puts the time and energy into making it a marketing success.

Toe nail fungus
It occurs in about 10 percent of the adult population. Older people are more frequently affected. Males are affected more often than females. Onychomycosis represents about half of nail disease. It was first determined to be the result of a fungal infection in 1853 by Georg Meissner.[6]
Onychomycosis - Wikipedia
not so silly really but sort of gross
something as silly and ridiculous as toenail fungus,

Objectively, there is a large market out there <[surprisingly:eek:
Through experience, I have concluded; how often can a product be sold and how much revenue is produced leading toward a direct or residual profit is what matters. Much of the rest is a trending item, a desirable novelty or good consumer value.

A little history: Coca-Cola started out as a feel good beverage with caramel color, a dash of Cocaine and too much sugar -- it sells billions world wide today. (less the cocaine :p)

Toe nail fungus
It occurs in about 10 percent of the adult population. Older people are more frequently affected. Males are affected more often than females. Onychomycosis represents about half of nail disease. It was first determined to be the result of a fungal infection in 1853 by Georg Meissner.[6]
Onychomycosis - Wikipedia
not so silly really but sort of gross

Objectively, there is a large market out there <[surprisingly:eek:
Through experience, I have concluded; how often can a product be sold and how much revenue is produced leading toward a direct or residual profit is what matters. Much of the rest is a trending item, a desirable novelty or good consumer value.

A little history: Coca-Cola started out as a feel good beverage with caramel color, a dash of Cocaine and too much sugar -- it sells billions world wide today. (less the cocaine :p)

Another case of the "xactleys"!

Go for new affiliate verticals, for example promoting SaaS products, more long term yes, but SaaS Affiliate programs offer high commissions 30% and above and recurrent. This is a space that will just keep growing this decade as more websites go online and demand for webhosting, domain, website monitoring services will grow too

banners
Back