The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How To Best Use DMOZ

King Conga

OK. I've been to their site, and found a possible niche that I'd like to pursue. I even read, and watched a video on how to pick, and drill down, but that's where I get confused.:confused::( Not trying to be thick, I just don't understand what they expect me to do with the end result.

For instance, I picked Arts/Music/Instruments/Electronic/Synthesizers & Samplers. That led me to a page with 25 Subcategories of different brands of keyboards. But I don't know what to do with that info. Even when I click on 1 of the brands, and it shows a REALLY old model, I still don't understand where they're taking me.

HEP ME!
KC

I didn't think it was still around, hadn't read that name in years! So, I went looking and found this on their site:

upload_2017-3-1_21-9-44.png

WOW! Didn't see that coming. So, can you give me any suggestions?

DMOZ used to be the top site directory. I don't even know if site directories contribute favourable for backlinks anymore or not.

Edit: went to find you the directories (or blog posts about them) that are still in my bookmarks...clicked on the first one and found this:

upload_2017-3-1_22-22-3.png

I'll list them anyway, in case you want to check them out:

Trust Directory Project
Local Business Directory | Business Listing Site - NT Directory
Web Links Directory - Free human edited web sites directory
General Web Directory
Find New Australian Websites @ Come On Aussie
HEBD - Quality Human Edited Business Directory
Free and Premium Web Directory -rapidenetwork.eu
PooZL.com :: Web Directory - Submit URL
Best of the Web Blog Directory
Blog Flux
Blogarama - #1 Blog directory
OnToplist.com: Blog Directory and Business Pages
Spillbean Blog Directory
Blogging Fusion - Blog Directory - Article Directory
Blog Directory

That's enough. If you want more, just do a search.

Disclaimer: I have never used any of those sites, so cannot vouch for them. They've been tucked away in my bookmarks for years. Forgot I had them until this thread. :)

So, I'm not sure how to ask this, but if it's objective was supposed to help find a niche, then where/how do you suggest I accomplish that objective?

DMOZ is the best human edited web directory first you have to choose the relevant category to submit your site then wait to get it live.

So, I'm not sure how to ask this, but if it's objective was supposed to help find a niche, then where/how do you suggest I accomplish that objective?

Okay, maybe I misunderstood you. You are looking for a niche, not looking to list your site?

Okay, well it's a lot of clicking but very easy. Just keep drilling down through the subcategories until you find the one you want. When you get to the end of all the drilling down and click, you'll be taken to a website that has content of that sub niche.

Might take about a 1,000 clicks but you'll get there eventually.

Thanks. So, did you also say there are much better resources nowadays?

Nope, I didn't. I listed some of the directories from an old bookmarks file I had from years gone by. I thought you were trying to list your site for the DMOZ backlink. It used to mean a lot, back in the day.

If you have a specific niche in mind and it sounds as if you do, search for it here in the forums. There are tons of niches mentioned but without knowing what you're going for specifically, I can't point you to an exact link. You don't have to reveal it, you can use the magnifying glass on the upper right of any forum page and search for it.

If you really are looking for synthesizers, or similar or any product category as a niche, I would also check Amazon best sellers. ;)

ooooh.. I needed to read the previous convos before I realized you were looking for a niche.
HAHAH!

If you are looking for a product, look no more.. AMAZON BEST SELLER..
Then, drill down the products.. Check out the monthly searches, Competition, and Trends.

If all good. GO!
If Not, Go find one.

Work Smart.

banners
Back