Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How to Avoid a Facebook Ban

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
How Not to Get Blacklisted on Facebook

I know that several of our AFix members have had trouble with bans on their Facebook accounts, so I thought the tips in this article by George Beall on Business.com might be helpful.

Beall discusses shadow banning before moving on to his experiment with creating a fake account.

Shadow banning is the same as ghosting on Craigslist. You can still post, comment, like etc. but your actions won't be seen by anybody. They won't actually get posted and you won't know until you look for them and can't find them. This typically happens because you've been reported, or FB's algorithm doesn't like your suspicious link(s).

According to Beall, FB uses a similar technique to Google to avoid ranking hacked/fake accounts:

- checking user authority
- number of times a link is shared
- timeframe of the comment
- etc.

FB knows that marketers try to game the system and how.

In Beall's experiment with creating fake accounts, he realized that he had problems in trying not to get red flagged by FB:

- not a large enough supply of random pictures of people that he could pretend were him
- not enough time, nor the desire to do all the liking, posting, commenting, etc. necessary to pretend to be real and grow organically

After getting more than 1,000 friends, his account died, killed off by FB. He'd been shadow banned.

The Solution

Beall suggests you put extreme planning into your fake accounts. Make your profiles and actions seem very real. That will give you the best chance of avoiding FB's ban hammer.

My Commentary

Personally, I am uncomfortable with the idea of creating fake accounts, that's just not me, I'm not very adventurous when it comes to breaking rules. :) However, we have a number of awesome marketers here who are busting their butts in this area, so hopefully something in this post will help, not only them but everyone using FB.

Because as we know, posting the same link on multiple pages and posts, is a behavior frequently detected as SPAM. To avoid Facebook from marking your URL as SPAM (for whatever reason), one of the best things you can do is shorten your links. To do this you can use sites like wp.me, bit.ly or goo.gl.

Beall suggests you put extreme planning into your fake accounts. Make your profiles and actions seem very real.
I'll never understand these people.

Instead of learning how to drive a car properly, I sometimes think these people prefer to learn
and to do everything how to drive a car properly into the next wall :p

Because as we know, posting the same link on multiple pages and posts, is a behavior frequently detected as SPAM. To avoid Facebook from marking your URL as SPAM (for whatever reason), one of the best things you can do is shorten your links. To do this you can use sites like wp.me, bit.ly or goo.gl.

True and good idea, however they can sometimes still detect if the destination link seems hinky to them.

I'll never understand these people.

Instead of learning how to drive a car properly, I sometimes think these people prefer to learn
and to do everything how to drive a car properly into the next wall :p

I know. If you're going to all that trouble to make your account seem real, why not just make it real? :)

I am in support of the ideas you have shared through the post. One thing that we do as a mistake is that we fail to make the fake accounts have a real touch. That is always the easiest way for the Facebook algorithm to detect the fake accounts and be shut down. Always make sure that the profile is well edited and seems so natural. This helps conform to the algorithm that is used for ranking in Facebook. You can always play about and cheat the algorithm if you are smart.

dude you're right. See here http: //joxi.ru/RmzbObkCZwJ0mO this screen - my average earnings on facebook every 2 weeks. I also drive a car is not accurate but it's worth it))))))
Great, bro! You see, do Facebook correctly, and a new car will stand in front of your door :D - at least sooner or later o_O

I do not like facebook. He removed all of my groups and my profile when I worked honestly. Now I have a lot of fake accounts and enough black path of earnings and no complaints. Where's the justice?

Usually, it works the other way around. I think that sometimes their auto detectors make mistakes, get false positives.

MI
Back