The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

How often do you post new content?

Tanksy

affiliate
Personally, I prefer to post something on each of my blogs every single day. Yes, it's really tedious, but I think it shows the search engines you're serious about maintaining your website and this pays dividends in the form of higher rankings and more visitors from Google, Yahoo, etc...
What's your take on this subject?

I guess posting everyday on my blog isn't something that I can do as I have other online jobs to prioritise. For me, the most I can do is twice a week, and the least is once a week. During that whole week, I try to research about the topic I'm delving into before writing it fully.

I guess when my priorities have changed and my blog is making some money, I would let go of my other online jobs. But for now, I cannot and so my blog is still on hold.

I have always heard more arguments that say that the more content the better, but then of course there are those that will say quality over quantity and that posting too much might hurt your readership. I personally tend to side with the more the better, just in the name of keeping attention and being relevant. It is a personal choice, though, and really depends on the subject matter and the target audience.

I have an entertainment blog which must be updated several times a day. People who blog about fitness may not need to post that much.

How often one posts on their blogs is dependent on niche of the blog. While posting less frequently could cost you readers if you are getting all your traffic from search engines, it wouldn't be all that bad. There are blogs which can be updated once a week while others [those that deal with current events] have to be updated more regularly.

It really depends on the blog. If it's something that must be updated, like sports or entertainment news, yeah every day at least. if it's more of a personal blog then when something worth mentioning happens.

Basically post when you have new and interesting information to share. If nothing is really happening based on that subject, then don't post. You don't want to post something boring and out of sync.

anything informational maybe once every day or two. After a bit of research you can write about something so you don't need to wait for something to write about.

I have two blogs. It is really hard to post every day or every week for that matter. However, I make sure to publish just about two medium length articles on my each blog every month.

For me I post daily and yeah left the holidays and some days that I don't feel to work just enjoy!

I don't think it's necessary to post on your blog everyday. Some people think two times a week is sufficient. I think so too.
But, if the blog is new and doesn't have enough content yet, you can post content everyday. Once you have enough content, 2 times per week is enough.

I have a blog relating to IT, fixes and tutorials which I have been running since 2008. I don't add content daily but whenever I come across a problem and a fix. It's a reference for myself and at the same time the information is available to other IT guys searching for resolutions via search engines :)

I don't think it's necessary to post on your blog everyday. Some people think two times a week is sufficient. I think so too.
But, if the blog is new and doesn't have enough content yet, you can post content everyday. Once you have enough content, 2 times per week is enough.

I have read before that to be approved for AdSense you would need at least 30 articles which are 500 words each. I am nowhere near that number yet so that's why I don't apply for AdSense yet. So it makes sense with what you said that if you are a newbie, it's better to create as much content as you can. Unfortunately, I have theory priorities that make me less inclined to write articles for my blog. But I'm trying as much as I can to make those 30 articles before the year ends, lol.

Usually, I used to publish 6 contents in a month. However, after launching three websites at a time, I am having hard time to keep working on developing contents. I have not posted anything since a month. I am thinking to hire writers for my websites

Yeas you are right.. I also post new content on daily basis. So that more visitors are come on your site and you earn quite good money from it.

Personally, I prefer to post something on each of my blogs every single day. Yes, it's really tedious, but I think it shows the search engines you're serious about maintaining your website and this pays dividends in the form of higher rankings and more visitors from Google, Yahoo, etc...
What's your take on this subject?

yeah you are right. posting something on blogs every day make search engine believes that you are serious but you also have to keep that in mind posting unique and quality content is the thing what search engines looks when it comes to your blog or site and if its relevant it will surely show the viewer and that brings more visitors and traffic.

MI
Back