The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How much traffic is enough to you?

wowtgp

affiliate
We all have different plans, different strategies and different goals for our endeavors. Some people are happy with 1000 visitors per month, while others will whine despite getting thousands of visitors. Well, they have their won goals that they want to achieve in terms of traffic. What s your goal?

Well, I have proven one thing that no matter what number of traffic you have as long as you know how to make your visitors perform decent conversions for you, you already are successful. I just maintain my visitors and do anything just to keep them coming back. This worked for me with a certain niche which I have worked for some time. I tried it with other niches but with no success. I just picked the right advertisers and offers which best suits my site. It took me some time but with patience, I achieved what I have been looking for.

Well, I have proven one thing that no matter what number of traffic you have as long as you know how to make your visitors perform decent conversions for you, you already are successful. I just maintain my visitors and do anything just to keep them coming back. This worked for me with a certain niche which I have worked for some time. I tried it with other niches but with no success. I just picked the right advertisers and offers which best suits my site. It took me some time but with patience, I achieved what I have been looking for.

I definitely agree with you here. It depends on the quality of traffic. You might not make as much as from 10,000 per month traffic as you can make with only 1,000 per month if they are targeted.

I also agree with the quality of traffic. I have a new mommy blog and I'm slowly growing. I just started averaging over 300 hits a day. Obviously I want more, but working on growing =)

To me, it depends on what I'm generating traffic for. If it was something that had to do with writing, I'd be happy with mediocre results because I'd be having fun while doing it. If it was something I found boring, then I would probably expect more than minimum wage after calculating the results.

I also agree with the quality of traffic. I have a new mommy blog and I'm slowly growing. I just started averaging over 300 hits a day. Obviously I want more, but working on growing =)

I am actually really fascinated with some mommy blogs. Not that it's my kind of material, but the way they are doing really well is amazing to me.

Good for you! Good luck with it! I also have thought of making a mommy blog before but Im not yet married and it feels so awkward writing things about mommy related content. I have experience with my niece but that still doesn't count of me being a mommy. Right now, Im thinking how could I ever be one when I have seen how hard is it to take care of my niece? I guess there are just some things that only a mommy could understand.

I agree with danealegana. It doesn't matter how much traffic you get on your site, if you're not making conversions. Unfortunately, I haven't implemented a systematic strategy to design my blog in such way that I do get those type of conversions because of my freelance writing, but I do plan to do this very soon as soon as I get the chance.

I also notice that mommy blogs are becoming very popular on the net. There are certainly some of my favorite blogs, and I subscribe to them through my bloglovin account. I would also like to create this type of blog in the future too.

We all have different plans, different strategies and different goals for our endeavors. Some people are happy with 1000 visitors per month, while others will whine despite getting thousands of visitors. Well, they have their won goals that they want to achieve in terms of traffic. What s your goal?

My goals are always a reflect of what I did on the site the month before, I'm currently down on my main site but up on my side sites. I hit 1.2 million views on my site in july but august and september have been lower 1.1 million/750K respectively. It's hard to say why the traffic has gone down for the moment but due to the niche I assume it will pick up again towards winter.

I don't think you should put a limit on how much traffic you want, I think you should have a goal and then when you hit that goal you should set a higher one, never be satisfied with what you have. :)

I don't think you should put a limit on how much traffic you want, I think you should have a goal and then when you hit that goal you should set a higher one, never be satisfied with what you have. :)

I don't think one can put a limit on traffic, can we? Why would someone want that anyway?

My goals are always a reflect of what I did on the site the month before, I'm currently down on my main site but up on my side sites. I hit 1.2 million views on my site in july but august and september have been lower 1.1 million/750K respectively. It's hard to say why the traffic has gone down for the moment but due to the niche I assume it will pick up again towards winter.

You are doing really really well here. I mean, that's really huge. I wonder how much you are earning from it.

I think 2000 visitors is a good number for a great traffic, however, to answer your question, the more traffic you get the more money you make, so I will never be tired to getting traffic as huge as that number on daily basis...

I think 2000 visitors is a good number for a great traffic, however, to answer your question, the more traffic you get the more money you make, so I will never be tired to getting traffic as huge as that number on daily basis...

I never said that getting more traffic is tiresome and one should not strive for it, but my question was, when you say that yes, this is what I needed?

I think there is a point where too much initial traffic can hurt the success of a blog. For example, if you have a daily blog and realistically aim for 50 views a day, than you must be able to provide keyword rich, relevant content to 50 people each consecutive day. I am sure this seems quite basic, however, there are plenty of bloggers who start out strong but are not able to maintain a consistent flow of traffic in to their blog, or even website.
I am just starting out in understanding SEO and have the goal of 300 hits per month on my blog. I think wowtgp said it best: quality, key-word rich content and outsourcing. Guest blogging seems like a great way to (a. expand readership
and (b. keep fresh, new content on the blog.

Yeah, if I had a good reasonable amount like 1000 visitors, that would be good, it'd bring activity every day, keeping my forums alive, and it would give me enough revenue.

MI
Back