The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

How many clicks do you let run before cancel a campaign?

MeltdownNZ

I have 4 search ads running for a software offer, I have received just over 200 clicks now and not a single conversion.

Is this a good time to cancel the campaign and move onto another offer?

CTR is about 2% on each ad creative.

In general, I don't base that decision off of how many clicks, but on how much I spent in relation to the payout of the offer.

Everyone's threshold is different, but a commonly mentioned one is 5x the payout of the offer. So if your offer pays $100 you might spend $500 to test that offer. I mostly spend more than that, but keep in mind this is just an example. You should come up with your own threshold.

Are you collecting data with your own tracking link? Is one of your ads outperforming the others?

Yes I'm using BeMob, and using the same tracking link for all 4 search keywords. I stopped the campaign a while back so can't recall if any are 'outperforming' any of the others. I got no conversions though, so stopped the campaign.

Okay, so let's analyze a bit.

First of all, if you're using one tracking link for all of your ads, how do you know which one sucked the most?

Did you do a bit of research on your offer to see if it stands a pretty good chance of converting? Does it have a good EPC? Are people looking for this thing or solution you're promoting?

Have you tested headlines and copy variations for each keyword? Are you using any numbers and/or characters in your ads (appropriately, of course)? They catch people's eye in search ads.

Okay, so let's analyze a bit.

First of all, if you're using one tracking link for all of your ads, how do you know which one sucked the most?

Did you do a bit of research on your offer to see if it stands a pretty chance of converting? Does it have a good EPC? Are people looking for this thing or solution you're promoting?

Have you tested headlines and copy variations for each keyword? Are you using any numbers and/or characters in your ads (appropriately, of course)? They catch people's eye in search ads.

I was running Bing Ads, I could see in the Bing console which ads were doing well and which ones weren’t. My understanding with Bemob is I can just pass through an ad ID to in the parameters to filter the ads by performance using a drill down report.

The offer had a gravity of 36 on Clickbank, which seems fairly decent?

I will try some numbers next time, thanks for the tips.

I was running Bing Ads, I could see in the Bing console which ads were doing well and which ones weren’t. My understanding with Bemob is I can just pass through an ad ID to in the parameters to filter the ads by performance using a drill down report.

The offer had a gravity of 36 on Clickbank, which seems fairly decent?

I will try some numbers next time, thanks for the tips.
I wonder what kind of offer it was and its payout, was it PPL? or CPA or CPI ? And why just Bing? Google Ads did not allow you advertise that offer?

Here's the thing all, of these trackers have specific ways of doing things ... so you could get that attributes of a specific ad's ID read the manual I suppose.

Best way for me to do this is in a real SQL server command line. Of course you have to learn how to design relational databases and make queries for information and reports ...

The biggest mistake I made when I getting into PPC: ending campaigns with bad results in first few days. I lost several years and thinking that PPC is too expensive only because I was ending the campaigns after few hundred of clicks with no sale. You need to let the campaign run for at least a week before you can determine that it is bad. It seems that the distribution algorithm need some time to adapt and give you the clicks you need to make sales.

The biggest mistake I made when I getting into PPC: ending campaigns with bad results in first few days. I lost several years and thinking that PPC is too expensive only because I was ending the campaigns after few hundred of clicks with no sale. You need to let the campaign run for at least a week before you can determine that it is bad. It seems that the distribution algorithm need some time to adapt and give you the clicks you need to make sales.
How long does it take to adapt the algorithm? A couple of days?

It seems that the distribution algorithm need some time to adapt and give you the clicks you need to make sales.
This is why I like the number 576 --and I get a lot of shit about that :D
Test your offers with ad network traffic first to see if they convert at all! That may be a lower CR but it is a cheaper test.
Thing is: a $2 CPC in Google gets real expensive --and real fast.
You should get 1:20 clicks to convert on CPC so 200 is really enough --with a pretested offer!
Even if it's 1:50 that is maybe $50 to get that sale ($1 PPC bid).

banners
Back