The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

How long will .com's remain popular?

pandaa

affiliate
As time goes on, we're running out of .com's to use. Sure, you can definitely buy domains for a pretty penny from someone else, but there is practically no way you'll get the domain you want in a .com. I think this leads to the question, how long will .com's remain the most popular option for a domain?

I agree with Calvin on this one for sure. I can't see .coms just running out if you know what I mean. I wouldn't even like to think how many domains expire daily, plus the variations people use in domains such as "-" and numbers.

Matt

I think, .com domain extension is ever green domain extension and mostly preferred for global audience. These days number of other domain extension available but .com is first choice of many people. According to me, .com will lead up to next 5 years in domain market.

.com domain is a Top Level Domain (TLD) extension, it is very much preferred and I think it would compete with .biz domain extension. People are taking .biz domain names when they do not find .com domain name for their website. I think .biz would replace it soon.

It will remain there for long time as I do not see any threat to .com in the near future even now also after the launch of so many gtlds everyone's first priority is to book .com as well even if they want to some other gtld.

IMO .com domains will always be the best choice, simply because they are the oldest and most trusted domains out there. Also they will become even more valuable in the future as most of the good onces are gone now.

I'm in agreement with everyone here. .com is trusted. I know I personally prefer sites that use .com. Since we're running out of .coms I see them becoming more expensive, but not less popular.

banners
Back