“Guru Voluum
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How long will .com's remain popular?

Discussion in 'Domains and Hosting' started by pandaa, Mar 10, 2014.

1. pandaa

pandaa Affiliate affiliate

As time goes on, we're running out of .com's to use. Sure, you can definitely buy domains for a pretty penny from someone else, but there is practically no way you'll get the domain you want in a .com. I think this leads to the question, how long will .com's remain the most popular option for a domain?

2. AdCombo
  3. MattTaylor

MattTaylor Affiliate affiliate

I agree with Calvin on this one for sure. I can't see .coms just running out if you know what I mean. I wouldn't even like to think how many domains expire daily, plus the variations people use in domains such as "-" and numbers.

Matt

4. KristinaRoy

KristinaRoy Affiliate affiliate

I think, .com domain extension is ever green domain extension and mostly preferred for global audience. These days number of other domain extension available but .com is first choice of many people. According to me, .com will lead up to next 5 years in domain market.

5. Singhbalwinder

Singhbalwinder Affiliate affiliate

.com domain is a Top Level Domain (TLD) extension, it is very much preferred and I think it would compete with .biz domain extension. People are taking .biz domain names when they do not find .com domain name for their website. I think .biz would replace it soon.

6. jully6686

jully6686 Affiliate affiliate

I think the .com domian name will remain be popular at the very long time.

7. abhishekbt

abhishekbt Affiliate affiliate

It will remain there for long time as I do not see any threat to .com in the near future even now also after the launch of so many gtlds everyone's first priority is to book .com as well even if they want to some other gtld.

8. Geri Karakasheva

Geri Karakasheva Affiliate affiliate

IMO .com domains will always be the best choice, simply because they are the oldest and most trusted domains out there. Also they will become even more valuable in the future as most of the good onces are gone now.

9. Hostwinds

Hostwinds Affiliate affiliate

I'm in agreement with everyone here. .com is trusted. I know I personally prefer sites that use .com. Since we're running out of .coms I see them becoming more expensive, but not less popular.

10. MrRapidHost

MrRapidHost Affiliate affiliate

I think it will just continue to be popular but soon to be expensive.

banners