The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How long should it take to get lots of hits?

redlinemaxed

affiliate
My web domain was registered in December 06 and my site has been online ever since. There is lots of content online including over 30 products as well as a few guides and info to bulk up the text. All pages have decent meta info and i have been building a good few backlinks.

However, i am still only getting less than 30 visits a day and still do not have a page rank. I am starting to worry now as it has been a good few months now. I know that websites don't develope over night but nearly half a year surely should be long enough to notice even a slight increase.

Oh, and i use Adwords too

If you provide the url of the site, I can have a quick look and give you some basic traffic increasing tips.

Had a quick look at your back links, you are doing well in Yahoo (191 backlinks)
You have just 1 backlinks in google. I think you really really need to build links aggressively. Now I remember your site, I think we discussed it before.

I think you should set yourself a link building target every week, including directory submission, link exchange and other forms of backlink building.

If you do not do this I am afraid, your site will not get anywhere in Google.

It's a bit odd that there is only 1 in Google as i am listed in the links sections of many related sites.

I havent submitted the site to too many directories as i have read lots of bad press about link farms, etc.

How would you suggest going about building back links? I have emailed loads of website but had no reply. Where should i be looking?

Do you have any tips for link building Temi.

I'd be quite interested in this also, as i seem to have backlinks everywhere but Google on a few of my sites.

I havent submitted the site to too many directories as i have read lots of bad press about link farms, etc.

...but without links Google won't find you...Submit to reputable directories - get over to DigitalPoint or Vilesilencer and you can find suitable sites, there are plenty of lists. Consider paid submissions if you can find a good directory with a decent PR on the page your link will be listed on.

Sig links at this an other forums are also useful for links.

Also use forums to seek links, most have a link exchange section ... cold emailing sites is a pretty hard way to get links.

Then there's social book marking -- join del.icio.us and the link and submit your own sites ...

...just a few ideas :)

It's a bit odd that there is only 1 in Google as i am listed in the links sections of many related sites.

How would you suggest going about building back links? I have emailed loads of website but had no reply. Where should i be looking?

Yes, stay away from link far, quality directories are okay, for example, the only backlink google recorded for you is from a directory called ukmotoringdirectory.co.uk (link:http://www.redlinemaxed.co.uk/ - Google Search)

You may be listed on link pages of relevant site BUT some site add no follow to their link (so that search engine will not give your backlink for that link) other bury their link pages so deep within their site that you do not get any back link benefits. Try this following five tips:

1. Get people to link to you from their homepage (I don't know how you can persuade them but that is the best place to get link from. You may have to give them a link back from the homepage of one of your site.
2. There is a new craze online at the moment... its called bid for placement directories, some of them are quite good, they sell links for $1 or more. You can find a list of some of them here
spend about £5-£10 on link from this directory, if you can find a new one that is now very popular and get to stay on its homepage, its will be brilliant for your site.
3. Write article about your site/industry and get to post it in blogs. (If you write a very good article that is over 500 words, I can post it in two of my blogs for you free.
4. Develop a reciprocal link strategy. This are not very good way of building back links but if you can do a 3 way link exchange this is brilliant.
5. Come here more often :) You get to interact with other webmasters... and add your site to their directories when its still free.

I think some of the above tips will get you pr at next update.

oooo, forgot to mention. I have a banner on the home page of streetrace.co.uk (A PR3 site). Why doesnt that show up in google?

If you can get your banner converted to text link, it will server you better or get text links added to the bottom of your banner, like I did the banners on the top of this site

Do you have any tips for link building Temi.

I'd be quite interested in this also, as i seem to have backlinks everywhere but Google on a few of my sites.

Google are very fussy about the link they credit your site with backlink from. One of my sites, I have over 200,000 backlinks in Yahoo but in Google, I only have over 2,000 backlinks.

The think is to get link from as many index page as possible and also link from quality pages that does not have too many outgoing links and also has a PR

Loads of good tips there. thanks a lot. I think its gonna take a lot of looking around on google and boring things like that.

I have written a few articles and posted them on my blogspace blog but it hardly gets any traffic at all at the min.

I doubt streetrace will put a text link up as it would spoil their homepage. they have agreed to distribute flyers for me though which are being designed now

Yes, you are on the right track, its a quality link for one pound, most of the sub pages have PR4 or PR3. (Just to let you know that its my site but the advice I gave you is not because its my site)

lol, ok. It dounds like a good deal anyway. Think ill start buying links like that.

just out of interest how much of a difference will i notice and when? Also, will that show up in the link: on google?

Loads of good tips there. thanks a lot. I think its gonna take a lot of looking around on google and boring things like that.

I have written a few articles and posted them on my blogspace blog but it hardly gets any traffic at all at the min.

I doubt streetrace will put a text link up as it would spoil their homepage. they have agreed to distribute flyers for me though which are being designed now

You really want your articles on other people blogs so that they link back to you, just posting it on your own blog will not get you traffic

I think you should still ask streetrace, the worst they can say is now BTW, if you look at their site footer, you will see text links so they are aware of text linking
Good luck

lol, ok. It dounds like a good deal anyway. Think ill start buying links like that.

just out of interest how much of a difference will i notice and when? Also, will that show up in the link: on google?

I think you should notice some difference within say 3-4 weeks if you really go for it.
An remember, you don't necessarily have to buy all links, there are some fantastic free web directories like which also gets you back links.

Link building is a non stop game till you get to page one. One of my sites has several thousands of back links and i still ensure I find at least one more new link to point to it every day.

banners
Back