The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How important is it to an affiliate to have FTP's from a merchant?

Correct, my affiliate program is on SAS now and I wanted to see who important it is to offer a datafeed if the product line is not too large.

I'll see if we can get Ron's opinion, but I'd say less than 10 products, don't need a datafeed. More than 10 you do. That;s just off the top of my head though. I'll IM Ron and get his feedback.

I've managed several programs at SAS and the demand for FTP has been low on most of the programs. What with PopShops, GoldenCan and Datafeedr, most affiliates can get these feeds other ways.

I know that does not answer your question, but thought I'd through it out based on personal experience from the management end.

Please remember that you have to pay $1 for every FTP request you approve at SAS. And, I believe, affiliates who are not approved for you program can request FTP access, so you may be approving it for individuals who do not promote you. Not sure why they do that.

Okay, I posted before I even say Linda's comment.

Let me add that an important reason to include a datafeed, even if it is 10-50 products is that you can possibly get it included at PopShops, GoldenCan and Datafeedr. Many affiliates uses these programs not only to grab products for their web sites but also use them to find merchants. So it could benefit you as a means for affiliates to find you as well.

banners
Back