The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How good is Twitter for promoting?

Drago10

affiliate
While I do own a Twitter account, I rarely use it that much. I'm sure Twitter is good for quick little updates regarding a forum/site, but how good is it for actual site promotion? My biggest problem with Twitter is the obvious character limit. It frustrates me to no end, especially when I have to send two tweets just to finish what I was saying.

Have you had any luck with Twitter promotion? or is it just ineffective?

Twitter is fantastic for promotion. Just be sure to hash tag appropriately and your followers will increase over time. It is not a fast process and may take some time, but a natural build up of followers can really help for promotion. You can also try Twitter point exchange programs like TraffUp to build up your followers and get more retweets. It can also be used to get more website views. PostLoop is also great to get more comments and forum posts.

I would say Facebook is much better in promotion of your site. You can post a small snippet of your content and tell people to follow a link if they need to read the whole content. I have used the two and Facebook has more effect and numbers.

Twitter is a great social media website used for creating awareness about your business among others. In twitter, try to write a short and an impressive tweet for the users and if you want to tweet with the URL, then, use URL shortner tool for shortening your URL.

No, twitter is not an ineffective channel. It promotes your business in an effective way. For that you should know how to use it for your business. The annoying point that you are saying about character limit is not an issue. A single line, a quote or an impressive line can draw anyone's attention.

Twitter is very effective for site's promotion, this not at all a fast process. It you are posting quality and engaging content then you will definitely get results

banners
Back