The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How effective are search engine submissions?

helen_gracio

In almost every tips for search engine optimization (SEO), SE submissions is mentioned. Some tips recommend to repeat the submissions every month. There are hundreds of sites that automatically submit the site to many search engines at once. I tried it several times, but am not sure what does it do and what is the effect of the SE submission?

Hi Helen,

Those sites you've been reading that advise to submit your site to search engines scrap them of your reading list. They don't know what they're talking about, especially the ones that tells you to do to repeat it every month.

It doesn't help you with your rankings at all.

And if you want your site to get indexed, simply find some high PR websites like social bookmark sites and include your site, Google spiders those websites frequently and will follow the link to your site and it will get indexed soon enough.

Make sure all your links are in order, no broken links and make sure you don't block out Google via robots text or something.

The search engines will find you! :cool:

what about Directories, Edwin?

Thanks Edwin :)

Indeed the social sites, some of them are quite effective and are getting indexed right in counted hours even.

What's your opinion about directories. Here's a whole list Info Vilesilencer: The Original SEO Friendly Free Directory List and I was just going through them wondering what will work what not?

1) I do not like link exchanges, so if directory suggests reciprocal link, it is no no for me
2) not all directory submissions are approved so maybe 1 from 10 and, to make submissions manually takes very long
3) after some are finally approved, where do you see the listing? I never seen them in search results (maybe dmoz is an exception).

Thanks again

Thanks Edwin :)

Indeed the social sites, some of them are quite effective and are getting indexed right in counted hours even.

What's your opinion about directories. Here's a whole list Info Vilesilencer: The Original SEO Friendly Free Directory List and I was just going through them wondering what will work what not?

A couple of dozen high PR web directories, or directories specifically aimed at your niche is good enough, i usually don't go beyond that.

Unless you want to make it hard for your competitors to research your backlinks, those who will go through each page to find the good links (Yahoo Site Explorer), you can do a whole lot of them to mix things up.

It's a real pain then to look it all up.

I do directories in the beginning of a site to get some initial quick backlinks to to a site, but i don't go overboard on it.

I care more for topical relevant backlinks, or backlinks from pages with a relevant page title to the page i want it to link to.

That site you referred to has some good directories in it.

I usually work with someone to submit a site to directories so i can focus on other stuff, there are people that work at affordable prices to submit your site to high pr directories.

3) after some are finally approved, where do you see the listing? I never seen them in search results (maybe dmoz is an exception)

You would see the listing on the directory site in the category you submitted to if your site has been approved.

Yeah for me basically directories is part of the start of your ongoing link building campaign.
Submit and confirm your submissions and then never look back and concentrate on finding backlink opportunities other then directories.

banners
Back