The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How does VPS help me?

I am seeing you are discussing about VPS, how does that helps?

Everyone discusses VPS's because it is the cheapest reliable solution for marketers, and others.

With a VPS, you have control over the IP, the bandwidth, the hardware features like RAM and CPU's. Most also come with CPanel and WHM (Windows Host Manager) and it is important for you to learn to use these features. It isn't difficult, but there is a learning curve.

On shared hosting, if someone sharing the server with you gets the IP banned, then the server is useless to you. Many spammers use shared hosting and will rev up your CPU's and hog the RAM so your sites end up loading too slowly to be useful for marketing. There are many other features that become compromised as well.

You can get a solid VPS with CPanel and WHM for around $30 a month including 2 CPU Cores, at least 2GB RAM, and plenty of bandwidth.

All i know about VPS is that it is a server that is virtual and also private. IT means that you will have a private server that you can manage it on your own. You know it becomes a challenge when you are using servers that are shared with several persons. This is in regards to speed and even security. If you consider that and privacy important aspects,then it is the bet for you.

i just though Vps is somehow like owning your own Remote computer. You can do anything you want to that remote computer, even make a website with it. The best thing for website is, you can build as many site as you want in it as long as the VPS have resource for it.

Everyone discusses VPS's because it is the cheapest reliable solution for marketers, and others.

With a VPS, you have control over the IP, the bandwidth, the hardware features like RAM and CPU's. Most also come with CPanel and WHM (Windows Host Manager) and it is important for you to learn to use these features. It isn't difficult, but there is a learning curve.

On shared hosting, if someone sharing the server with you gets the IP banned, then the server is useless to you. Many spammers use shared hosting and will rev up your CPU's and hog the RAM so your sites end up loading too slowly to be useful for marketing. There are many other features that become compromised as well.

You can get a solid VPS with CPanel and WHM for around $30 a month including 2 CPU Cores, at least 2GB RAM, and plenty of bandwidth.
Hey TJ what about Bluehost Cloud servers ? the one im looking @ has Unlimited websites, Unmetered bandwith ,4gb ram,4 cpu cores unlimited email and storage ? good price also . any thoughts > thanks ,Bolo

Hey TJ what about Bluehost Cloud servers ? the one im looking @ has Unlimited websites, Unmetered bandwith ,4gb ram,4 cpu cores unlimited email and storage ? good price also . any thoughts > thanks ,Bolo

I use several BlueHost VPS's and I also have a dedicated server with them. Support on their shared servers, like anyone else, is minimal. However, I received excellent support in the years with them while on the VPS's.

I don't have any experience with their cloud servers.

T-j they use CloudFare CDN.
Yeah, I know about the cloud servers and CDN's. I just haven't used a cloud server. I haven't done anything that really requires a CDN at the mmoment. I'm thinking of do some PPV this year and for that I'll defintely use a CDN!

Thanks Ty and Tj , I am going with Bluehost VPS after speaking to sales for a bit. With CDN, dumped my shared hosting today, now finally some conversions will be possible... i was using Instabuilder2 ,wp ,and shared hosting..no 1 saw my landing pages but me and even i got tired of waiting 4 them 2 load.

Thanks Ty and Tj , I am going with Bluehost VPS after speaking to sales for a bit. With CDN, dumped my shared hosting today, now finally some conversions will be possible... i was using Instabuilder2 ,wp ,and shared hosting..no 1 saw my landing pages but me and even i got tired of waiting 4 them 2 load.
instabuilder landing pages has lot of javascript libraries if you know how to clean Them Will be good, cus it takes time in order the page to be loaded.

instabuilder landing pages has lot of javascript libraries if you know how to clean Them Will be good, cus it takes time in order the page to be loaded.

I was actually considering buying instabuilder 2.0 and installing on my basic Bluehost VPS alongside my CPVLab (also on same domain).

Maybe @T J Tutor can also chime in. Should I:

1) Not get instabuilder 2.0 or is there a workaround?
2) Buy an additional VPS through Bluehost and install instabuilder 2.0 on that, keeping the CPVLab and instabuilder separate?
3) Upgrade to the $30.00/mo VPS plan mentioned by TJ and install instabuilder alongside CPVLab on the same (but upgraded) server?

Thank guys.

Should I:

1) Not get instabuilder 2.0 or is there a workaround?

What do you want to work around?

If you feel you want to use a landing page builder, I understand. I am about to test one myself that is in Beta stage. In the past, I've simply outsourced them to vendors on UpWork, and sometimes Fiverr.

2) Buy an additional VPS through Bluehost and install instabuilder 2.0 on that, keeping the CPVLab and instabuilder separate?

I highly recommend keeping a self hosted tracker on its own server. As your traffic increases, as you scale the hell out of some campaigns, that server can be crushed with demand and you do not want page loads to suffer by it.

3) Upgrade to the $30.00/mo VPS plan mentioned by TJ and install instabuilder alongside CPVLab on the same (but upgraded) server?

Keep in mind, if you are dong PPV especially, you would want to use HTML5 with a bit of PHP for your landers, as well as a CDN, IMO. There are other recommendations I know guys like @tyoussef and @servandosilva would offer up when it comes to PPV.

If you are doing sales pages promoting in the MMO niche, you can get away with WP.

If you are doing content sites, then Wp will do fine as long as you do not overload the site with tons of unnecessary code or too many plugins.

If you are doing anything that requires a fast loading landing page, then you need to use HTML5 and maybe a bit of PHP.

As far as installing Instabuilder along side CPV Lab. Well, frankly, that makes no sense to me as Instabuilder, as far as I know, is still a WP plugin. It's added to WP from within the plugins section of WP. It does not install on the server as does CPV Lab.

Last edited:
What do you want to work around?

If you feel you want to use a landing page builder, I understand. I am about to test one myself that is in Beta stage. In the past, I've simply outsourced them to vendors on UpWork, and sometimes Fiverr.

I highly recommend keeping a self hosted tracker on its own server. As your traffic increases, as you scale the hell out of some campaigns, that server can be crushed with demand and you do not want page loads to suffer by it.

Keep in mind, if you are dong PPV especially, you would want to use HTML5 with a bit of PHP for your landers, as well as a CDN, IMO. There are other recommendations I know guys like @tyoussef and @servandosilva would offer up when it comes to PPV.

If you are doing sales pages promoting in the MMO niche, you can get away with WP.

If you are doing content sites, then Wp will do fine as long as you do not overload the site with tons of unnecessary code or too many plugins.

If you are doing anything that requires a fast loading landing page, then you need to use HTML5 and maybe a bit of PHP.

As far as installing Instabuilder along side CPV Lab. Well, frankly, that makes no sense to me as Instabuilder, as far as I know, is still a WP plugin. It's added to WP from within the plugins section of WP. It does not install on the server as does CPV Lab.

Thanks brother. I really appreciate your invaluable time and input. :)

A VPS is basically a server running within a server. One physical server hosts multiple virtual servers, each isolated from the others. This is accomplished with software, called a hypervisor, that segments the physical server and keeps each segment separate from the rest. Each VPS can also be rebooted independently. A VPS can execute all your trades more quickly than your computer because it is significantly faster in transmitting orders, reducing delays and slippage, slippage known to increase losses and unpredictability.

VPS hosting is one of the most popular hosting services you can choose for your website. It uses virtualization technology to provide you with dedicated (private) resources on a server with multiple users.

MI
Back