The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How Does iOS 14.5 Affect Affiliate Marketers & Tracking?

Honeybadger

AffKit Ninja
Posted Saturday

iOS 14.5: How This Outstanding New Feature Will Change Your iPhone Forever

Apple App Tracking Transparency

"You must use the AppTrackingTransparency framework if your app collects data about end users and shares it with other companies for purposes of tracking across apps and web sites. The AppTrackingTransparency framework presents an app-tracking authorization request to the user and provides the tracking authorization status"

Does this affect my Amazon Affiliate links tracking for Apple device users?

Can someone put it in layman's terms, will this affect my cpa campaigns? What would I have to do differently to promote mobile offer to apple users?

The Facebook pixel that tracks all over the internet no longer works in iOS 14.5 by default --you have to opt-in to tracking.
So, cohort audiences are missing the iOS 14.5 user is what I am told.

This is what came to me in an ad managers notation some time back.

This is actually old news announced by Google and the account reps late last year. Wonder why Gizmodo is treating like somethin new. It's actually already implemented.

The Facebook pixel that tracks all over the internet no longer works in iOS 14.5 by default --you have to opt-in to tracking.
So, cohort audiences are missing the iOS 14.5 user is what I am told.
Apple’s iOS 14.5 is just a few weeks old, and the data already suggests it has delivered the expected strike against Facebook . Unsurprisingly, more than 80% of users do not opt in to being tracked. Millions of you have seen through the brazen warnings that Facebook’s free apps won’t remain free unless we surrender our right to privacy.

Facebook generates almost all its revenue from digital advertising—targeting ads by harvesting as much data from you and about you as it can. “Facebook marketing is generally dominated by iOS,” one ad industry article laments, “it’s pretty safe to assume Facebook has lost at least half their data, arguably the most valuable half.”

MI
Back