The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How does Google knows that this, this and this sites are all mine?

JohnKC

affiliate
I remember reading about it and I know that links from my sites to my sites worth less than links from other people's sites to my site, but how can I own a few "identities" and perform as a few completely different site owners in Google's eyes in the cheapest way? (I'm not going to buy 4-5 storage packages unless this is the only way.)

A person can have a bunch of sites that their links to each other (not a 2 way reciprocal) are already worth more.

I know it has something to do with IP numbers, but what IP is recorded? The one I bought the main domain + storage with? Or is it the IP of the one who updates the site?
Can someone please shed some light on this?

I was thinking of buying a new single domain(s) in a different IP (a different house) and use the storage I already own. Smart or not?

Thanks in advance,
:)
JKC.

Hi John. Google are trying to stop the real bad guys. We get hit as collateral damage. How this works exactly is not known. It’s educated speculation or something like that.

About the IP addresses. If I have my sites on one hosting service with addon domains. These will all have the same IP address. So if mydomain1.com links to mydomain2.com Google gives it value, but not too much as it comes from the same server IP.

Now if you have another domain on another hosting service, then myotherdomain1.com is seen as a totally different and independent site.
If you have another addon site there myotherfomain2.com and link with this, Google sees two links from the same IP address.

So if you want 4 different and independent links then you should have 4 hosting accounts.

Then there is the WhoIs lookup problem. You should have these private, which is an extra expense, not big, but an extra anyway. Or under different names.

The IP address you have when updating your sites is not seen by Google.

Hope that helps.

Thanks buddy, that was extremely helpful! :)
"Then there is the WhoIs lookup problem. You should have these private" - brilliant! Thanks!

I don't need to feel bad about thinking about this, first of all it's not illegal in any way and Google isn't god or the government; it's a multi-billion dollar company that controls the online world. And although they want to bring the best relevant content to the user I can feel good about what I do because my new projects that I'm working on now (a few big projects - still in the oven) are first and for most for the benefit of the visitors. That is the key to getting links from satisfied visitors and that's what Google likes - best relevant content.
Ha-ha... so in a way I'm helping Google get the best specific relevant content on top...
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember reading about it and I know that links from my sites to my sites worth less than links from other people's sites to my site

I always thought that linking between your own websites that are provided by the same host will get you in trouble w/ Google.

I guess not...

MI
Back