The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do you manage your sites/domains?

Mattlav

Service Manager
Service Manager
I assume most users here.. have at least 1 domain/site

my question.. is how do you manage this? how to keep track of renewals, costs and even profits if you flip them?

I assume most users here.. have at least 1 domain/site

my question.. is how do you manage this? how to keep track of renewals, costs and even profits if you flip them?

I manage 5 of my own servers including 47 domains and 17 sites of my own. In addition I manage 48 Real Estate sites for agents. It is all done on a schedule and a budget.

When you have everything well organized, well documented, and on an efficient schedule, the average business person can do it. Hell, I have a friend that has over 300 sites and 12 servers.

There are an abundance of ways to get it all done, and there is a bunch that can be outsourced as well.

My host sends out renewal emails when they are needed, I also have the date(s) set aside on my personal notepad so I can make sure to renew it in time.

I currently have one domain so it's pretty easy for me. The host sends out email reminders when it comes times for renewal, which for me is once a year. I have a few other services attached to the domain as well so they send out reminders for that too. As far as other expenses go, I run a forum and soon I will be using an Excel budget/expense calculator form I made to keep track of everything. The domain will be part of that of course. I just paid the fee last month actually. I also log into the host website every once in awhile to "check up" on everything and do any maintenance or tasks that need to be done. I don't plan on selling or flipping this domain as it is a personal one so I don't have to worry about that.

This thread is bit of market research for the things that people do with their domains.. for a product i have created (somewhat of an all in one solution for these things)

so it seems most people relies in emails from host/domain registrar to track renewals :)

excel budget and expense sheet is an interesting way, but where is the backup? you would lose that information if PC drive died?

I am new to this business and my domains have not yet expired. I have launched websites with three domains and I have left the others to age. When the times to renwal comes, I will have to spend over $50 on renewal charge and over $200 to renew hosting.

I also have one domain of mine... So its easy for me to manage all the things. If you have team of people then you can manage so many domains and servers.

banners
Back