The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How do you clean landing pages?

nonss123

affiliate
Hi,

I have downloaded a landing page from an affiliate and I am struggling with cleaning the page of any thing I don't want and anything malicous.

Is there a guide or advice on how to do this?

Thank you.

The smartest option is to develop a relationship for this type of task with someone on Freelancer, or UpWork, etc.

You shouldn't be trying to do this yourself in my opinion. Your time is better spent building your business model and having staff, even temporary, is part of the business model you need. You shouldn't have to toil over this type of endeavor, unless you simply just want to learn it.

You could have someone do it for probably under $30. Have them remove all code regarding the original offer and page owner, then have your scripts and links added.

Last edited:
Get a 'Pirate Box'
pirate-box400w.png

</sarcasm>

I have downloaded a landing page from an affiliate and I am struggling with cleaning the page of any thing I don't want and anything malicous.

Is there a guide or advice on how to do this?.

As far as I am concerned, I do it myselfb, because I have a tech background.
I use :
- JS Nice to deobfuscate code and explore a bit more
- base64decode.org to decode the base64 string (these strings often end up with = or ==, due to the base64 algorithm
- CodeBeautify to check that the images encoded in base64 in the source are actually images and not script

I search for (removing the " "):
- "="" to find base64 strings
- "//" in libraries to find "http://" "https://" and "//"
- "eval(" of course
- "atob(" > used to decode a base64 string
- "btoa(" > less frequent. Used to encode a string in base64
- "Math." and "rand" > frequently used to generate a random number between 0 and 100, and compare it to the threshold for stealing traffic (like if the random number is below or equal to 15, then redirect, otherwise no)

Plus:
- some other strings, which are the encoded versions of the abovementioned functions.
- modified libraries
- call to external ressources, looking at the FF dev console.

I am coding a tool these days where you can drop a ZIP with a lander. The tool would open the zip, read the files and list potential issues that he finds (modified libraries, codes, URL...). For each issue, he returns the file and line. So that a dev can more easily remove them. I am also thinking of having the script autoclean the code, or at least some part of it. If you could be interested, let me know.

I do it myselfb, because I have a tech background.

That's great, many of us have tech backgrounds. The thing is, when you need to expand your business, and you have no infrastructure for these tasks, you spend your time doing things that prevent you from scaling your business properly.

Believe me, I have the deepest appreciation for "do-it-yourself", but in all of the businesses I have managed/owned/operated, there is no room for the "do-it-yourself" model.

I can certainly understand wanting to learn it so one can establish a baseline to check the work of those under your canopy, but beyond that, building a business requires giving others the responsibility of small tasks.

As far as I am concerned, I do it myselfb, because I have a tech background.
I use :
- JS Nice to deobfuscate code and explore a bit more
- base64decode.org to decode the base64 string (these strings often end up with = or ==, due to the base64 algorithm
- CodeBeautify to check that the images encoded in base64 in the source are actually images and not script

I search for (removing the " "):
- "="" to find base64 strings
- "//" in libraries to find "http://" "https://" and "//"
- "eval(" of course
- "atob(" > used to decode a base64 string
- "btoa(" > less frequent. Used to encode a string in base64
- "Math." and "rand" > frequently used to generate a random number between 0 and 100, and compare it to the threshold for stealing traffic (like if the random number is below or equal to 15, then redirect, otherwise no)

Plus:
- some other strings, which are the encoded versions of the abovementioned functions.
- modified libraries
- call to external ressources, looking at the FF dev console.

I am coding a tool these days where you can drop a ZIP with a lander. The tool would open the zip, read the files and list potential issues that he finds (modified libraries, codes, URL...). For each issue, he returns the file and line. So that a dev can more easily remove them. I am also thinking of having the script autoclean the code, or at least some part of it. If you could be interested, let me know.

Yes I would definitely be interested.

with any HTML editor!
it's easy to edit the code with Dreamweaver or Eidtplus if you know the HTML code!
Most of them are HTML file so just load it with Dreamweaver to add content or delete the part you don't need!

with any HTML editor!
it's easy to edit the code with Dreamweaver or Eidtplus if you know the HTML code!
Most of them are HTML file so just load it with Dreamweaver to add content or delete the part you don't need!

But what about all the lines of code, such as javascript that you are unsure, if they are needed or not and the redirects, and domain chains that are often found in affiliate landing pages. Also, anything else that is malicious.

But what about all the lines of code, such as javascript that you are unsure, if they are needed or not and the redirects, and domain chains that are often found in affiliate landing pages. Also, anything else that is malicious.

HIRE A PROFESSIONAL! They're cheap and fast!

I recommend asking for a very specific developer that can handle the tasks. You will get multiple responses at UpWork and Freelancer. You want to have discussions with them being very specific about your current needs and the needs you may have going forward.

You will narrow the field to one or two applicants and then develop an ongoing relationship with at least one of them.

I have two developers that I have been doing business with for more than 4 years.

If you know little html/js you can clean landing page yourself, simply remove unwanted javascript, styles, and images. use web optimized images (for speeding up), use https based content instead of http, use CDN for static files like js/css .. for further improvements, consult a professional developer.

Just as @T J Tutor said. If it gets confusing then you can make it easier for yourself by hiring a professional; this has the main benefits of sparing your precious time and getting you neatly done work.

On the other hand, if you are going the DIY way, it's best you know what you are doing. Ultimately it's all about your level and what you consider top priority.

Here are your choices :
1 - Hire someone professional to clean it for you, they will do it fast and perfectly (The pricing is affordable too)

2 - Clean it on your own! Just note that every single Landing Page is different, so it's hard to tell a certain way to clean them.
Check the basics of coding, main tags and their meanings and functions ..
Then, right-click on the HTML file of the LP you downloaded, and open it with your source code editor (Like NotePad++)
And now, after you know the basics and the structure, you'll notice what you'll have to eliminate or change.
++ Let me give you a small example : Delete/change any links after these tags
<a href="A LINK HERE"></a>
It can be followed by a link to javaskript, check it as well ..
<a href="javascript:alert('Hello World!');">BTN</a>

✿ Samira ✿

banners
Back