The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do I start with affiliate marketing?

Lily Brown

affiliate
Hi everyone, I am newbie and I was told about affiliate marketing by my friends just a couple of days ago. I find this method of marketing is interesting and somehow more efficient than traditional ones. But to be honest I am still not really clear about this. Should I take a course on this or learn by myself? How long does it probably take for a newbie to learn this? And does it require much time and patience? Really appreciate your comments! :)
Mabrook for PC

Last edited:
...Should I take a course on this or learn by myself? How long does it probably take for a newbie to learn this? And does it require much time and patience? Really appreciate your comments! :)
Heya @Lily Brown,

firstly I recommend you to read through K's Affiliate and CPA MArketing tutorials. Then you will have a better insight in the whole methods and matter: What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE) | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

For your questions on the time needed there is no general answer. This is all far too subjective and it also requires the necessary bit of luck.
There have been people who have discovered a winning horse after only 5 days, and there are people who try eight years and more without seeing a single dime. But as a minimum I would say a learning curve of 6 months is realistic.

Courses? First read K's tutorials, then you can still decide. Or you focus on just one thing ;)

Firstly, read through all the material here to gain an idea about affiliate marketing and different ways of doing it. I think the guides and post here would suffice. Don't waste money on any courses.

Then, when you have a solid picture about how things work, time to choose a strategy. Analyse all the information you gathered and come to a conclusion about what strategy you are choosing to do affiliate marketing. Examples are list building or social media marketing or blogging, etc.

Stick to the strategy and make it work. Don't try for a few days and give up. Building the foundation takes time. And then onward it gets easier and easier. But the foundation is important and significant hard work is required.

Consider investing - Without investing money, you will have a very hard day. Literally, it takes you months of hard work before seeing a dime if you are not willing to invest. And the odds are, you will give up before even seeing the dime. I speak from experience. I still don't have money to invest and I am having a hard time. So, invest carefully where ever utmost necessary.

This is the basic info you need to get started. Others stuff you will learn as you move forward.

Best of luck, Lily!

Hey,

Yes, affiliate marketing can be really lucrative, once you figure it out.

My advice is, since you are just starting out, try and learn as much as you can about affiliate marketing. Absorb as much information, as possible.

Once you understand the very basics, I would start promoting via free methods first: Seo, forums, YouTube, Craigslist, and so on. I actually generated some sales from Craigslist when I was starting out.

So, just focus on free traffic, until you are very confident and seeing some results...then you can move on to paid traffic - which is where the real money is.

Here is one fact that I can tell you from experience: anyone can make it in this industry. But that doesn't necessarily mean it will be an easy road for everyone.

And yes, affiliate marketing requires a lot of patience - which I did not have. You can imagine the frustration that came as a result.

If you have the money, taking a course won't be a bad idea, you are just investing in yourself. But be careful, and do your research before wasting money on information you can easily find for free online.

Anyways, this is just my 2 cents.

Best of luck

banners
Back