“mobile”/ Voluum
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How do I monetize this?

Discussion in 'General Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by henderyjem, Nov 23, 2019.

1. henderyjem

henderyjem Affiliate affiliate

I recently discovered a security hole from which I'm getting private data from individuals all over the world. The data is their mobile phone number, full name name, profession, city and university, but I have no idea how to use this to my advantage and I'd like to know if you have any ideas.

2. CPA Evolution
  3. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

you can go into the email sms spammer business (<ROLLS EYES>)
    Direct mail (snail mail) is exempt from CAN-SPAM or GDPR(I think[not internet]) and costs a lot but that is the safe way.

sell the list without the emails -- telephone numbers that are published are public information.

4. henderyjem

I never said anything about any emails...

Also, they're not published numbers.

5. Graybeard

Maybe, sell them to a slimy call center :D In a country with little regulation.
    Android is blocking those spam calls with a google chat bot that screens them on my phone. Talk to the hand!
    direct mail costs about $0.30 - $1 each
    I have lists like yours of licensed real estate or insurance brokers/ agents and licensed building contractors. Also lists of enrolled IRS tax preparers, some with published phone numbers and emails or website URLs ...
    telephones TCPA emails CAN-SPAM so those are not merchantable <<< in the US
    The names and addresses are along with the attributes could be used for direct mail legally (probably)

6. azgold

azgold Administrator Administrator Dojo Master affiliate

I wouldn't touch those with a ten-foot pole. As @Graybeard said, if you use direct mail, you probably wouldn't get reported/caught. Otherwise, I think it's risky to do anything with data you got that way.

7. henderyjem

Direct mail to a cell phone number? Never heard about it...

8. azgold

Hehe, depends how psychic you are. :D

You know their name, number, city, university....you could probably find many of them just by doing a search. A reverse telephone look up site search could also be helpful to find addresses.

9. azgold

By the way, those 411.com type sites also let you search by name + city to get address and landline numbers.

10. Graybeard

banners