The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do I build my first site?

JeremyHFSykes

If I want to build the MOST SIMPLE web page, and I have NEVER, EVER even been expossed to the buildling of a web page . . . . How should I start?

Last edited by a moderator:
It,s really easy to build a website. I was really surprised when I built my first site. Even I could do it!!
All you need is a good free html editor. There is a good one at NVU and another at mozilla [just google them]
With a couple of hours of tweaking and fiddling, you will soon get the hang of how to use them

You wil also need a good domain name and I always recommend a hosting account. Free websites just do not cut it

Hi,

If building website is an obstacle for you, you can always work on a blog.

Blog is easier to setup and also easier for you edit. In addition, it gives your visitors a sense of reliabilty because they can be sure someone is behind the screen updating the content frequently. Google loves it too!

There are many free blogging tools around and also paid ones if you want more control over your own blog.

It is also good for affiliate marketing because you can use it as a review site for the affiliate products.

Just my $0.02 worth! :cool:

I agree with peiprofit, getting a blog started should not take too long especially if you have no experience with building a website.

OR you can try making a page on Squidoo or Hubpages. You'll be able to get a page up fairly quickly.

good luck! :)

In my opinion i think blogs are a waste of your time. Yes it may be the easier site to create and run but in the long run you will probably just spend as much time on it as you would learning and created a real original site. I think the problem with a lot of web masters are they think inside the box. They are always trying to do what their passionate about on the internet. But frankly it doesn't work like that. What you want to do is research and find out what people are interested ing on a large scale and then create an original help full site. I know easier said than done right? Good luck

Re: First Site

Well, you do have some choices.
1) Get a text editor, you can download some for free and it will help you learn HTML
2) Purchase or download a template.
3) State a blog. Free, and minimal experience needed.
4) Trial and error. There is nothing wrong with experimenting.

In my opinion i think blogs are a waste of your time. Yes it may be the easier site to create and run but in the long run you will probably just spend as much time on it as you would learning and created a real original site. I think the problem with a lot of web masters are they think inside the box.

Hey Derek, missed your post until now and wanted to comment.

My feeling is that blogs can be better, not just because they are easy but because search engines love then and in a variety of ways they can help get more traffic. My main static site has been around the longest and has lots of content. This forum has thousands of pages of user generated content and gets lots of traffic. My blog gets more traffic than either of them.

You can get creative with blogs. You don't need to blog every day. You can use WordPress to build a static site even.

They are always trying to do what their passionate about on the internet. But frankly it doesn't work like that. What you want to do is research and find out what people are interested ing on a large scale and then create an original help full site. I know easier said than done right? Good luck

Sorry, I disagree here too. Now if someone knows how to build a site and do Internet marketing, then what you say is true. But a N00b that has no clue is not going to get to the point of even making a sale if they jump right into insurance for example, just for the money. It's too competitive. Plus if they know nothing about it and have no interest, they'll burn out and get bored before they get too far.

So for REALLY green newbies starting off with a passion can be best. Now they DO have to evaluate the niche for competition still and also research to be sure it's something that can be monetized.

My 2 cents...

Build Your First Website with the SBI Block Builder

I heartily recommend SiteBuildIt. I use it for building all my sites. All you need to know how to build a successful website is presented to you visually, with no need to learn HTML which is the source computer code of all web pages. SBI keeps that behind the scenes and you don?t have to work with it at all. Once you have cut and pasted your content to create the page, click Preview It to see how it looks, and then Publish It to launch it live on the web. That?s it! A few mouse clicks and you have created your first webpage.

If anyone would like to know as much as possible about Site Build It, we have a special thread that tells you just about everything you would ever want to know, including: the Site Build It special promotions, how to become a Site Build It Affiliate, the chance to look at hundreds of sites made with SiteBuildIt, plus much more.

Here is that special SBI thread: http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...orum/10581-site-build-useful-information.html

You can go to google and type in 'free website creator' and find an online site creator ANYWHERE online. They usually use EZedit or something like that (I forgot the name of it) and it's ideal for newbies. BUT that doesn't mean they'll look good.

If you want something VERY simple that just gets the point across, try that.
If you want something that looks polished and professional, hire a pro.

They are everywhere. You could go to the big guys and spend thousands (doubtful) or just go to a freelance site and find people bidding for your work. They want you to hire them and this can be very cheap!

BUT if you just want to do it free and want it to look a little better AND don't mind a little studying, do a search on google for HTML GUIDE and they can show you through the basics of creating a website.

It's just a bunch of easy code like HTML body head /head b i (in brackets) and all that. Thats just the simple stuff though. In fact I think people use CSS now. I stopped making websites long ago when they weren't bringing any money in for me.

You can also just find a free template and plug it into your host. Go from there.

Hope I helped. :D

DIY

I would go with a template or even a blog. Perhaps even hiring someone! hehe, I rarely see that option around here. But then again its nice seeing so many DIYers.

banners
Back