The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How do I block bad traffic on 7Search?

K

kramerica

Hi there - just starting out in CPA - I have a 7Search account and i'm about to embark on my first campaign.

I'm aware that I need to try blocking bad traffic but what's the best way to go about that?

Do I need to use Prosper202 to do this or is it all do-able from within 7Search?

Cheers!

I wrote to you on how to track traffic on the other thread you posted. So you basically just watch your AffIDs and RIDs and block the ones that don't perform well from the 7Search interface.

Luke made a great post about it on his forum:

Blacklisting Bad Performing SubIDs on 7Search

Just keep in mind that his post is centered around Peerfly offers, and for them tracking works slightly differently. When you read that post read my reply in your other thread - http://www.cpafix.com/f21/new-how-do-i-find-affiliate-links-maxbounty-3455/ , and you should be golden ;).

Thank you for that - I was under the impression that I need Prosper202 for tracking - do you think I need to use that from the start? I'm struggling to see where Prosper fits in in the whole PPC process (have hunted around for info / videos but mostly just get stuff about installing it). 7Search and Google both seem to offer plenty of tracking and analytics so is this not enough when starting out with this?

Thank you for that - I was under the impression that I need Prosper202 for tracking - do you think I need to use that from the start? I'm struggling to see where Prosper fits in in the whole PPC process (have hunted around for info / videos but mostly just get stuff about installing it). 7Search and Google both seem to offer plenty of tracking and analytics so is this not enough when starting out with this?

Dunno about Google, but this way both 7Search and the affiliate network can "hide" some clicks. But I would not worry about it on smaller volumes.

Depending on the network you are using, there usually isn't much need for 3rd party tracking with a campaign on 7Search. If you're passing the variables into your SubID(s) properly then you can track everything you need. I do recommend getting Prosper202 installed and setup for future campaigns, but for 7Search it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. You can do most of your optimization based on the reporting from the network and it's one less step :)

Reading the LukePeerFly article about setting up a 7Search campaign.... where he says this:

You will want to pass these variables into your PeerFly Affiliate Link as subids. I suggest passing them in the following order (this is what the end of your Affiliate Link should look like):

&s1=###KEYWORD###&s2=###AFFID###&s3=###RID###

I know this will sound dumb to those who know...... but where it says KEYWORD AFFID and RID am I supposed to enter the keyword - eg. SOAP and then the actual ID numbers? Or do I leave this exactly as written above? I'm finding this area difficult to get my head round!!

Cheers!

Reading the LukePeerFly article about setting up a 7Search campaign.... where he says this:

You will want to pass these variables into your PeerFly Affiliate Link as subids. I suggest passing them in the following order (this is what the end of your Affiliate Link should look like):

&s1=###KEYWORD###&s2=###AFFID###&s3=###RID###

I know this will sound dumb to those who know...... but where it says KEYWORD AFFID and RID am I supposed to enter the keyword - eg. SOAP and then the actual ID numbers? Or do I leave this exactly as written above? I'm finding this area difficult to get my head round!!

Cheers!

You write it out like this exactly, and what you will get as output is the actual keyword people saw when they clicked on your link, and also the affid and rid numbers.

Btw, read the post I made in your other thread, the subid part of the link for tracking 7Search and MBounty is a bit different than this one.

Hello Kramerica,

Step1: Be sure that the 7Search team has enabled RID blocking in your account
Step 2: add the RID blocking insert (###AFFID###-###RID###) to your tracking URLs. This will pass the partner ID for every click you receive to your 3rd party analytics.
Step 3: Review the traffic received by your offer and block any poor performing sources. You can block them per campaign, or for the entire account.
Step 4: Add your RIDs to block space within your account to complete the process.

Notes: be sure that the insert appears in your tracking URL as shown in the parentheses above. If the # characters are encoded (GA does this with their URL builder) it will not pass any info.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Cleo

smilodon,

......................but this way both 7Search and the affiliate network can ]"hide" some clicks............................

What do you mean by "hide" some clicks?

Guess I got to this one kind of late. Yea prosper202 is probably the best bet. make sure you use ###AFFID### and ###RID### so you know the source the clicks are coming from and just send a message to 7 when those publishers are producing non-producing clicks. 7 search is one of those 2nd tiers you have to keep en eye on a lot to get the most out of. Plus you need to run a wide variety of campaigns until you find one that takes off and just scale from there.

banners
Back