The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How did you get started?

Haven't posted here all weekend, I've been sick. However I have kept up on writing articles, writing to my blog, and making squidoo lenses. I've also been advertising and commenting on blogs. I haven't been making goals or writing down what I've been doing since It's mostly just been the same as what I've been doing. I am getting a lot of page views, I got 40 yesterday, but I don't think they are all countable. I think some, possibly a lot of them could have been bots and crawlers. I'm not sure how to track actual people to get accurate results. I have now gotten 18 clicks on Amazon products, still no sells. I need to figure out how to get people actually buying, not just clicking. I want to make my first sell. I have a good idea for my website, now I just have to get to work on it. Hoping to have time to do that this week. I think making an online store for products I'm promoting should bring in actual people looking to buy, not just looking for information.

Sorry you've been ill! You amaze me, still writing articles and stuff! When I'm sick, the only finger I move is the one on the remote. :)

Keep in mind that you do have to have a lot of clicks to make a sale. Many consider a 2% conversion rate to be reasonable, which means (as I'm sure you know) you would have to have 50 clicks to make 1 sale. So having 18 clicks without a sale is not unrealistic and doesn't necessarily mean you're not doing a good job.

Thank you Laura :) Sunday I felt the sickest and had the most trouble trying to concentrate, but still figured out a way to come up with stuff to write about. That helps a lot knowing that, I was thinking with 25 clicks or so perhaps a sale would come out of it, but knowing 50 or more is a good thing to know. I just have to keep people clicking! My blog does seem to be picking up a bit in popularity, so I must be doing something right. Thanks again :)

Wow, I thought I was getting better but today I feel way worse. Anyways, I went in to check my Amazon Associates account and realized I had forgot to change the URL when I changed it at my blog, so I changed that and contacted Amazon on it to be sure it's still okayed. Not sure how much that affects anything.

Today I am up to 20 clicks, 5 blog followers, and 337 blog views (this total also counts bots and crawlers so it is inaccurate). I have written 9 articles, 7 of which are published, one is pending that I wrote today and one is saved for later use in something. I have actually written more than 9 articles I guess, I submitted them to different directories and haven't really kept up with them.

So far my articles have brought in 5 people. I need to find a way to get them more seen, but I have to ask the question again. Is it more important to leave a link to an article or to leave a link straight to your blog?

I am up to 6 Squidoo Lenses, none of which are getting much traffic at all.

I had a good article and great blog entry (at least in my opinion) today, so we'll see how that goes.

I also found more places to submit my blog at, so have been doing that stuff. So far I still have seen 0 traffic from pinging my blog at Pingoat & Feedshark, I don't know that I should continue with them. I have stopped submitting my site at submit Um now as well.

I am thinking about signing up at either Wealthy Affiliates or Chris Farrell's program, any opinions on which one I should do? They both look pretty good.

I went in to check my Amazon Associates account and realized I had forgot to change the URL when I changed it at my blog, so I changed that and contacted Amazon on it to be sure it's still okayed. Not sure how much that affects anything.

Really not at all, as long as the content doesn't change to something outside their ToS. What matters is your affiliate ID in links on the site. As long as that's correct, you'll get credit for any sales.

Haven't posted all weekend, also was un-able to write any articles or write to my blog saturday through monday. Picking it back up today :)

Today, wrote & submitted new article, wrote new blog entry. Submitted links to all the sites I currently submit to. Also found a new way to get the word out on Facebook. I'm hoping it works out, I hadn't thought about it before so we'll see. So far I can't say it's brought much in if any, but it hasn't even been a full 24 hours yet lol.

I have so many ideas and I an still quite excited to put them all to work for me. Also someone I know ordered through one of my links and so far it says 1 item ordered. So we'll see how it works out and what type of a commission I get. I'm hoping it works just like it says it should! If it does, I can move on full throttle with knowing what I am doing is worth my time and it will pay off in the end.

Also, a question for Laura. If you read this, I seen your ebook / program and am quite interested in it. I'm curious though, I do know how to build websites and such, can you give me any more info on how it might benefit me? I already have my own domain and website, and I know how to use html & css, will I still find a lot of use for it? Thanks if you can answer it that. I'm not looking for you to give away anything that is in your program, just curious if it will still benefit me. Perhaps you could add that question in to your page as well.

I have a good topic to cover tomorrow, I am happy to be back on track, it drove me nuts not being able to do anything on it over the weekend!

Great topic :)

Hi All,

I got started because I decided to sell everything I owed and travel Europe. I teach online, but needed to make more money...and be able to work from anywhere in the world! Now I am busy teaching Americans about the history of architecture AND internet marketing...from Greece :) I am really excited because I have a new site launching soon...

Rachel

Also, a question for Laura. If you read this, I seen your ebook / program and am quite interested in it. I'm curious though, I do know how to build websites and such, can you give me any more info on how it might benefit me? I already have my own domain and website, and I know how to use html & css, will I still find a lot of use for it? Thanks if you can answer it that. I'm not looking for you to give away anything that is in your program, just curious if it will still benefit me. Perhaps you could add that question in to your page as well.

Hi Amy, that is a good question. It sounds like my course would be too basic for you, since much of it deals with how to set up a site. You are already doing many of the things it teaches. There probably are some things in it that you don't know but not likely enough to make it worth it for you.

If you have any further questions specifically about my program, let's take it to PM. :)

Let us know how your Facebook thing works out!

Thank you for your reply Laura, and thank you for being honest. I will keep working on what I'm doing and keep learning then. I will certainly let you all know how facebook works out, though it might be kind of difficult since I already post my link at facebook. It will be hard to tell which place they are coming from that I posted it at.

@ Rachel, that is awesome! I am happy it is working out for you.

Great posts guys, this is really good for reflection!

Well, to make a long story short, I started back in '06, after attempting a bunch of those other offline affiliate programs (you remember the late night infomercials.)

I was first introduced to ClickBank, then a few others. I blew through a lot of money trying to keep a steady online income streaming in consistently. Patience was my biggest problem, then was the desire to get-rich-quick.

Being a successful internet marketer is a marathon, not a sprint.

Thanks for the reply Isaber. So where are you now? Are you making a good income from Affiliate Marketing?

I just made my first .60 cents today :)

Larry,

I've always been involved in products as everyone always needs products so have never done anything with clickbank. Even as an affiliate manager, I still only work with merchants that sell products and I've never regretted it. One of my favorite says is to either sell food or underwear as everyone needs both. Stick with the obvious, work it, work it, work it.

Amy - great on your first .60 cents. I can remember ten years ago when I made my first few dollars as an affiliate. It started a decade of great business for me, an education I could not have gotten school, and dozens of friends I would not have had otherwise. Now, double that .60 cents every week and you will be amazed how soon it is until you come here and say you had your first $100 day.

Thanks Ron :) I am looking very forward to learning more and doubling my sales. Looking forward to my first 100 dollar day most definitely!

Thanks for the reply Isaber. So where are you now? Are you making a good income from Affiliate Marketing?

I just made my first .60 cents today :)

Now I finally am! But I was really hard-headed on my journey to online financial security, and blew through a LOT of money until I got it right. I use to be really excited even when I made my first $2.40 with CPA networks, so cherish your monetary gains as such! $0.60 is great! :)

I really cut some corners now though. You can check out where I make my money online now at the link in my signature. ;)

Hey everyone, thought I'd post an update. I am still working on all of this, I'm up to 43 product link clicks, & 432 Blog Views. I have written and submitted 15 unique articles and even reached expert status with Street Articles in the pet category. If I write 15 more I will reach expert status in the Dog Category. At street articles I've had 87 profile views, and 569 article views with only 6 clicks out to go to my blog. I'm not sure why people aren't clicking the link to go to my blog for more tips. It seems out of 569 views at my articles I'd have more clicks going into my blog.

I was really wanting to expand, build a list, write my own ebook and some videos to go along with it and open my own forum. But I'm wanting to have a membership forum and it seems to get one with vBulletin is like 200 dollars. With out knowing if my forum will be a true success I'm a little hesitant to do that, perhaps I should start small with out a membership fee then move my forum over if it is doing well. Not sure.

It seems I've hit a place where I am going to have to start spending some money in order to really have a chance at making money, which I'm fine with but not sure if my Husband will be on the same page. So some questions out of this;

1. Has anybody used the list builder 'Get Response?'
I would love to use AWeber but it's 19 dollars a month and I'd like to keep money use small if I can in the beginning stages of starting this business. If it is unavoidable then I will consider it more though. Especially if you can't switch lists over to AWeber later, I'd hate to have to start all over.

2. Does anybody know if phpbb forums allow you to have a membership fee?

Thanks everyone for being here for me, you've all been a great deal of help!

"Has anybody used the list builder 'Get Response?' "

I have try'd Get Response, Mail Chimp , icontact and Aweber and opted to go with Aweber from start $1.00 trial for first month. I Opened an account with all three and sent test emails.

I found mail chimp a bit awake in places (maybe just me .....)

Some Mail sent with get response and icontact didnt seem to go through

Aweber just seem to do all , mail got through ok and all very easy to set up. I'm not to sure about the list import but i found this link from

davidrisley.dot com / importing-list-to-aweber-very-drawn-out

maybe useful to you

Ray

banners
Back