The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How did you get started?

Thanks for the reply :) I will keep posting them then, I feel it helps me out as well, though it's also nice to get a reply every now and then to keep up motivation ;)

Hi!
I am a newbie with forums and am enjoying reading all the posts. As a matter of fact, since I found this forum I have been reading the posts for the past 2 hours and it is after midnight here in Colorado! I am being introduced to so many good ideas and useful information that I need to know about. Thanks to everyone!!

So, has anyone found posting to only 1 or 2 forums or posting to several forums is the better way to go in terms of receiving traffic to your website? Also, any other forums you would suggest I look on?

Becky,

Welcome to the forum neighbor (I'm next door in Nebraska). Nice intro and glad to hear you are finding some helpful information.

I've been reading most of your posts and wish I had more time to respond. As long as doing these updates is helping you, I see no reason you shouldn't write them. But if they're cutting into time that you need for writing content for your site, that'd be different.

I sure envy your energy! :)

Thank you all :) I've found forum posting does help, it's finding forums that actually allow a signature that is the hard part. I just joined a nice forum yesterday, was actually looking forward to being there. Looked for any rules against advertising in signatures, didn't find any. So I put it in there. Woke up today to me being banned from that forum :( Sad thing is, I actually looked at the rules but didn't see anything against it. They didn't even give me a warning lol. Oh well, if my signature can't be there I guess there's not really a point in me posting. I didn't write any spam advertising threads either, just tried getting in on the conversation.

EDIT-

I think the trick to joining forums is to join them, don't add your signature right away, build a good standing with them, then add it in. Or ask the administrator if you can, that way it doesn't seem so much like spam.

Also, Great news! My first Article got approved at Street Articles! They are kinda strict to get your stuff accepted it seems, you really have to have unique writing style. It kind of makes it even more exciting when they accept it :)

I started with an rx pharmacy 5 years ago. No luck during the first 6 month. After that I went from 300 pharmacy sites to affiliate marketing, and now selling scripts for affiliate marketing.
And developing :)

Woo! I accomplished all 3 goals for today, unfortunately that also meant I didn't get anything done around the house before work... lol Call me a work aholic I guess.

Todays goals-
*Write & Submit another article
*Get Pictures of myself and dogs for blog and squidoo pages
*Build my first lens on Squidoo

I got them all done! I also;

*Posted to Blog
*Submitted & Pinged today's blog entry
*Submitted yesterday's article to Folkd, Blinkit, Digg, & Twitter

Not quite a big list, but I did get a lot of the bigger stuff out of the way. Now I'm off to get ready for my actual job.

Oh! And I also got my 2nd click today! Again nothing purchased, but hopefully those clicks turn into purchases soon! And my blog has reached over 100 page views :)

Lets see today's goals were;
*Write & submit new article
*Create another lens on Squidoo
*Create 1 page for Affiliate Site
*Join 3 more forums
*Get 25 page views

I didn't quite accomplish them all as I also had house cleaning, basket ball game, and now a birthday party to go to and do. I did however;

*Post to my blog
*Submitted & Pinged blog entry
*Wrote & Submitted new article (took me hours to do this as articles I kept writing weren't unique enough apparently)
*Joined a new forum
*Created a new lens for Crash
*Started on my Affiliate website though I am rather lost on how to do the layout and what all I want on it and such. So this could take a while before I have it finished.

Special happenings today;
*Someone shared my article on dog hair with a friend on facebook!
*Though my goal was 25 page views today, I got 11 which is still okay I guess. My tracking thing seems to go by a different time though and tends to start over on the day way before it's a new day here. Also my tracking thing seems to be messing up and not telling me where exactly the traffic is coming from. The overview might say 11 page views but the traffic only adds up to 8, even the individual page views for the day add up to a different number. I don't understand why it's all different, it started out working just fine.

I also came up with a new idea to get away from wasting time writing unacceptable articles! I will still be writing plenty of articles, but I'll be writing those first before posting to my blog. I make the content completely different between blog & article so I figure if I write a great article but it doesn't get accepted to the article directory then I can use that article later as a blog entry. This will also help my blog have great content!

So yes :) No clicks on anything today, no sells either, but I still consider the day a success :)

Just a note, I think I need to make a project just out of joining sites and directories and such. Not submitting anything, just joining and book marking. Then organizing all marketing book marks. That way next time I need to do submitting of anything it'll be quick and easy and all right there!

My friend, who has been in the business for a few years, got me started. I've always been a computer fanatic and a self-motivated worker. Once I realized what affiliate marketing was, I was hooked. I've made a little money here and there over my first 3 or 4 months. Right now, I'm a member of a few message boards and the PPC Coach training program. I'm dedicating my first year to learning and getting 1 or 2 successful campaigns set up. *Crosses Fingers*

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you are already well on your way, I wish you Great Luck!

Today's Goals-
*Write & Submit an article - DONE
*Figure out what I want on my first Affiliate website - DONE
*Make another Lens @ Squidoo (Was doing this then lost my internet for a few hours)

Other things to do-
*Join submitting sites
*Organize Bookmarks
*Write to Blog
*Advertise
*Add links to my blog to my other sites and such

What Have I done today-
*Wrote an Article & Submitted it
*Wrote an entry for my Blog & Pinged it
*Posted link to blog on facebook and another forum

I lost my internet for a few hours today and now I have to get ready to go to Basketball games tonight. So unfortunately most of this will have to wait until tomorrow.

Special Happenings Today-
*Got another blog follower!
*Might be getting another one too!
*Got another Click on a product! No sells though
*Got an offer from a friend on Facebook to take pics for my blog!
*Got a comment on my blog!

So even though I lost my internet for a few hours, It's actually still getting seen!

Also in great news- When I first started, if you searched Talented K9 Dog Training in google, 1 link would pop up which was mine, but it was for an old home page that didn't look good and I never even used! Worse, it wasn't even linking out to anything. Now if you do a search for Talented K9 Dog Training, I fill the whole 1st page of Google almost!

Also, my first successfully submitted article, if you search for that title, it's first in google! It's also rising in rank. Yesterday it was ranked at 188 on Street Articles, today it's at 172!

I say a very successful day! Hopefully tomorrow I'll have lots of time to really get some stuff done!

Yes, I'm quite thrilled about all of this.

EDIT- Wow, just got another comment, AND my article I wrote today has been published already!

Hey you guys!

Thank you all for responding to my post; you certainly do make me feel welcome and even wanted!

This internet marketing is not as easy as I originally thought. I think I need to start with understanding and using forums on a regular basis first. I am looking for a thread on "understanding forums". I hate to admit that I am quite ignorant when it comes to posting on walls or finding where to reply to posts.

Thank you all again!
Becky

Wow! 6 Clicks over night on my Amazon products! Up to 9 now :) No sells yet though.

Wrote a great article today, unfortunately Street Articles isn't working properly and wouldn't let me submit or save it :( So I just used it as my blog post for today. I'll have to write a different article once it's working again. Will be back later with the rest of goals, to do, have done...etc..

Accomplished a lot yesterday, lets start there shall we?

3 Goals-
*Write and submit article (like I said, wasn't working properly, however since I contacted them, I had another article pending for a few days. I thought it just wasn't going to get accepted and they approved it yesterday, which worked for my article submission).
*Create new Lens at Squidoo - DONE
*Do more on Affiliate Website - didn't get done
*Start Crash's Blog - DONE

I've decided to start another Blog on trick training with our Dog Crash. Though that is more on the fun side, I am promoting 2 books and a clicker that we will be using through out the training.

To Do-
*Work on Videos & Pictures for blog and such - DONE
*Advertise! - DONE

Have Done-
*Wrote an article
*Used article as blog entry
*Advertised blog on Facebook & Digg
*Other Article got published so I submitted it to Digg, folkd, & blinkit
*Posted on blogs with link back
*Started Crash's blog
*Worked on videos and pictures, still need more though, found someone to help me!

Interesting happenings-
*After my blog stats started over for the next day, It instantly said I had 68 page views! That didn't make any sense, especially since nothing else was showing any page views. I read around and it seems these were bots / crawlers.
*Article #1 moved up in rank again from 172 to 163 or something like that.

2-12-11

Today is going along quite smoothly actually!

3 Goals-
*Join Blog Submitting Sites
*Submit my blog
*Learn more on bookmarking sites

To do-
*Post article link around - DONE
*Commenting on Blogs with link back

Have done-
*Wrote & Submitted article (got published quickly!)
*Wrote to blog & added links to squidoo pages, and articles
*Made a new Lens & linked to today's article & blog entry
*Posted Blog on Facebook
*Submitted my Article to; Digg, reddit, folkd, Blinkit, & Twitter

I need to find more places I can submit things to!

Interesting Happenings-
*I've already had 8 page views today!
*Up to 13 clicks at Amazon! No sells yet

I have to work here in a few hours, so I tried to make my goals easy enough to get done.

Have youi considered blogging all this, Amy? Sort of "Adventures of a New Affiliate Marketer" or something? You could go back and copy your previous posts here and then keep going. Then link back to your AN blog from the new one.

I have thought about it, the blog I started off with, I actually had originally planned to do stuff like this in it, but decided not to. I probably will start one at some point, I'm a little afraid if I do, then it might push people away looking at the blog I have now. Not sure. I write all of this in a notepad as well to keep me on track and such, but I agree it would make for a great blog!

It's also an excellent way of creating your own backlinks to the AM blog and eventually you could use all your posts as an ebook - what worked and what didn't for you.

I will certainly think about doing this. I have a lot in store, that I still need to make and get up, but this does sound like a good idea. If anyone else has any input or opinions on doing this, feel free to chime in! Thanks again minstrel!

MI
Back