The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How did you come about your domain name?

temi

affiliate
I often wondered how webmasters form their domain names for example, I know James is Welsh and a guy but what makes him think he is old hence combining the three to call his blogs OldWelshGuy. There are also some flamboyant domain names about, how did you come about your own domain name?

Well I have a lot of domain names, so I won't be listing them all here. Most of them I came up with to try to sell. Without any success either. I'll try to put together some more common words, or words that sound good, like SEO and WEBTOOL, or SEO and CUBE. Sometimes I'll try to do a delicious type name, like siterevie.ws and blogrevie.ws and webrevie.ws(owned by Bagi now). Once in a while I'll get lucky and find exactly what I'm wanting, like Link Slinky. I'll do brandable names, I suggested fumbug.co.uk for uksharon, and I own fumbee.com myself. So there are a variety of ways I come up with domain names.

I actually prefer .com, .org, and .net, but .ws worked for the domain names I was going for. I have 2 others that are .de.....badgra.de and rudedu.de, but I learned quick that you must have name servers with different class c IP addresses to get those domains to propagate. So I've been sitting on 2 useless domain names for 6 months.

I had the same experience as you with .de , I gave up on it eventually. I have a few .ro they are quite nice, you pay for .ro once only and not annually like most other domain names.

When I registered the i-connector.com, I looked for a name which embody my business mission. Connecting people by Internet. My first business idea was developing ERP systems and CMS for web based platform.

My second domain was directoryofseolinks.com. I didn't know for sure that time whethere dashes are important in the domain. I should have follow Jumpen's suggestion. Despite of the long name it become more and more popular nowadays, and watching my analytics account I see that almost 50% of my traffic is generated by returning visitors. It seems that it was not a bad choice.

I like your first name very much i-connector, like you said, it embodies the services the domain is supposed to be offering to people.
Same with directoryofseolinks, the name of the domain says it all. I'm pleased to know its becoming a very popular site :)

MI
Back