The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How can you be friendly but professional at the same time on a forum?

P

Primeone

I don't know if I have to write more than what's already in the title. Sometimes it feels like too friendly is too much, but at the same time a very accurate answer will create distance from the rest the forum members...right?

I don't know if I have to write more than what's already in the title. Sometimes it feels like too friendly is too much, but at the same time a very accurate answer will create distance from the rest the forum members...right?

lols.. true, it's a community of random people

some get pi$$ed off by curse words
som htae spelilng errors
some hate nice ass people

i'd say be yourself - fuck the rules..

but then again, i learned in psych 101 that society is meant to surpress our misbehaviors and inappropriate desires

so.. idk !

Well this is an introductions thread, so maybe we can start with that.

Welcome to AffiliateFix @Primeone ! It's great to have you here.

As for your statement/question, "Sometimes it feels like too friendly is too much, but at the same time a very accurate answer will create distance from the rest the forum members...right?", well, all you have to be is honest, willing to learn, and open to coaching in this community. You appear to me to be overthinking this.

We have an abundance of awesome, giving, and successful marketers in this community and we are a family!

Hope to see plenty of posts and responses from you. Looking forward to your posts and threads.

See you around the forums.

TJ

Check out the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

Hi and welcome, @Primeone !

@tjtutor summed everything up nicely but I just wanted to offer my opinion on your question/statement.

My answer is yes, I believe that you can be friendly and professional. In fact, I think you should be both when you are dealing with clients or other professionals. I don't mean either overdone, I'm referring to being professional in a friendly way.

However, I have had clients in the past that became very good friends, over time. And that was fine.

Re behaviour in this forum, TJ already told you. I would add that we are not stuffy, stoggie characters. Everyone is pretty relaxed and we have lots of fun threads, in addition to industry related ones.

Just relax and enjoy your AFix experience. You're part of the family, now. :)

@tjtutor summed everything up nicely but I just wanted to offer my opinion on your question/statement.

My answer is yes, I believe that you can be friendly and professional. In fact, I think you should be both when you are dealing with clients or other professionals. I don't mean either overdone, I'm referring to being professional in a friendly way.

However, I have had clients in the past that became very good friends, over time. And that was fine.

Re behaviour in this forum, TJ already told you. I would add that we are not stuffy, stoggie characters. Everyone is pretty relaxed and we have lots of fun threads, in addition to industry related ones.

Well said!

Gosh! you guys are sooo nice! Thank you so much for the heartwarming welcome :). I 'll do my best of course to learn as much as I can. See around here! Fells great to join this family :)

Provide value in whatever style you want to speak in. If people can't see the value or they easily get offended, you don't want them as clients.

But, can you be a bit more explicit when referring to "value"? Easy to be interpreted in many ways, therefore, I would be glad see more into you point of view.

MI
Back