The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How can travel agencies survive in COVID-19?

vesto

affiliate
Unfortunately, the travel business is the most affected business amid the COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic. As a travel agent, I would say that taking measures to ensure that your business is prepared for an increase in bookings will serve you exceptionally well in the future once the crisis has passed. Keep communicating and centering your marketing efforts on your customers. Not just that, arranging a stunning custom-made tour is an excellent way to keep positive about the prevailing crisis. However, there are several host companies that uplift travel agency businesses in this pandemic.

* Promotional content removed by Admin *

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is a bright side to this; there will be pent up demand in the future when, and if, the pandemic is under control or made much more manageable by vaccination against COVID-19 and its anticipated new mutants.

Virtual AR holidays might be marketable now?

Unfortunately, the travel business is the most affected business amid the COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic.
I feel for you @vesto since indeed as a Travel agent you are certainly affected...
Unfortunately thinking you are the most affected is shortsighted...
I am sure in certain parts of the world, there are businesses that have been hit way harder!
Preparing yourself for the moment travel restrictions will be relaxed is certainly a good thing... For those that have survived...

You did not introduce yourself, so I don't know who you are and what your purpose is here on AffiliateFix...
Since you did not ask any questions, apart from marketing clarity, what is the purpose of its thread?
It's certainly not a case study, neither a tutorial... But does not fall under 'guide' category for me either...

You partnered with them... How will they help, What will they do? Please elaborate and explain how helpful this will be for us affiliate marketers? Do they offer an affiliate program? ...

Unfortunately, the travel business is the most affected business amid the COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic. As a travel agent, I would say that taking measures to ensure that your business is prepared for an increase in bookings will serve you exceptionally well in the future once the crisis has passed. Keep communicating and centering your marketing efforts on your customers. Not just that, arranging a stunning custom-made tour is an excellent way to keep positive about the prevailing crisis. However, there are several host companies that uplift travel agency businesses in this pandemic. ClaritySSO is one such company that I recently partnered with. They help you distribute and acquire travel content at ease. Finding customers in this pandemic is the most tedious part. ClaritySSO helps you in lead generation by reaching out to customers around the globe and your end-to-end business management will be taken care of.
ClaritySSO, did you partner with them as their SEO manager? :rofl

3 ways to make money in travel industry right now

1 --> Virtual AR as @Graybeard said
2 --> Take payments advance (now), hold in secured account, refund if Covid rules prevent travel
3 --> Start video blogging about all the latest Covid rules, link to solutions

It's certainly not a case study, neither a tutorial... But does not fall under 'guide' category for me either...
Nope, it isn't so I moved the thread.

My travel agent has been regularly emailing me the whole time, lots of incredible deals for places I can't (and don't want to right now) go to. :D

She also holds lots of virtual travel tours.

I'm not trying to start a conspiracy here... but don't you find it weird that most countries require a quarantine period / stay at hotels? Yeah... I just find it a wee bit weird that if I'm traveling to Canada, I need to stay in a 5-star hotel for 3 days, and I'll be shouldering the payment :D :rofl

In Turkey, progovernment travel agencies are surviving without any struggle.
Dropping this here in case you would like to implement same strategy in different countries.

I'm not trying to start a conspiracy here... but don't you find it weird that most countries require a quarantine period / stay at hotels? Yeah... I just find it a wee bit weird that if I'm traveling to Canada, I need to stay in a 5-star hotel for 3 days, and I'll be shouldering the payment :D :rofl
I live in Canada but haven't gone anywhere, so happily avoid that.

I understand the quarantine but I don't understand mandating an expensive hotel. What's wrong with much less expensive places? I don't get that part of things, at all.

In Turkey, progovernment travel agencies are surviving without any struggle.
Dropping this here in case you would like to implement same strategy in different countries.
How are they doing that, Mert? Are people allowed to travel internationally and are people comfortable to do that?

How are they doing that, Mert? Are people allowed to travel internationally and are people comfortable to do that?
Yes, as long as Turkey gets foreign currency from tourists or anybody, they are allowed to visit us :)
There is no law for this but it is naturally effective.

I live in Canada but haven't gone anywhere, so happily avoid that.

I understand the quarantine but I don't understand mandating an expensive hotel. What's wrong with much less expensive places? I don't get that part of things, at all.
That's the weird thing! I got stuck in Asia and was supposed to travel to Yukon so had to go through Vancouver first–they're requiring me to stay at a 5-star hotel there, which is really messed up. Needless to say, I'm enjoying my stay here in Asia for now. Thank God for remote work :D

More and more countries started to open their borders, I guess very soon everything will be as it was before covid.
Btw, recently I was planning to go to Turkey for vocation, but notice that hotel's prices was much higher than before. Interesting, why is that

All it takes is a new variant
Vaccinations become useless
There will be a third wave this year
Most likely starting late summer/early fall
Mass demonstrations and riots follow
Prepare now --> Affiliate niche is home security

There will be a third wave
In countries with vaccinated populations (hopefully) future outbreaks/waves/variants with not have such a drastic effect.
That said, India is on track to have well over 1 million deaths and China is a time bomb --I seriously doubt the official CCP numbers ...

To be honest, I have not seen any significant slumps this past year with luxury travel except in some of the destinations due to restrictions. The bookings for air charters has gone through the roof in some regards and the very private lux destinations hardly skipped a beat.

poor for now ^GSPC is the S&P500 index as reference BKNG (Booking.com)
booking.com-chart.jpg

How does anybody survive
in any industry?
by putting your customers 1st
so if customers are not vacationing abroad
they are vacationing at home
then you promote home vacations
Simple really

MI
Back