The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How can I get more traffic?

smartypantz

OK so here's thing, I am new to all of this Affiliate Marketing and just launched our program. I am learning as I go but am kind of overwelmed. I am trying to get the word out about our program by joining forums, blogging, and directories. I would love to hear anyones ideas as to what steps a beginner needs to take to get some traffic to our site. :)

I think this is the problem that almost everyone faces when starting a new site/blog, etc. In my opinion the most important thing to realize is that there is no 'quick fix' to getting traffic - if there was there would be a lot more successful sites/blogs. It appears you know the main tactics so just stick with it and hopefully your traffic will grow steadily!

What Type of Affiliate Program is it?

Sometimes traffic needs to be looked at with a specific goal in mind. What type of traffic are you looking for? You may need to concentrate on ways that will reach the main audience who will be interested in buying what you have to sell.

Someone with an affiliate program about dogs will concentrate their efforts on different sites to someone who is selling seo services. Marketing products can use some ezine lists but other lists will hate getting marketing emails. The staple forms of gaining traffic remain the same but as with all things the specifics change.

A joint venture of some sort is the best option when starting a new program (in my opinion) but you will need to pick your jvs carefully to ensure that their lists match your product. Submission of articles will help you but only in time. Ensure there is something tempting you can give people in exchange for their email so you can start to build a list of your own when your traffic efforts do pay off. Start a blog and use this for updating your list to save time.

It is time consuming to the max, confusing as code, and frighteningly frustrating because you know that its a numbers game. A recent survey said that over 55% of traffic now comes from natural search results - so seo articles are an important factor. I'm in a similar situation and wish I could help more but I too struggle to know where to concentrate my efforts, while at the same time updating and keeping everything else going.

I believe if you can spend your time on these things and outsource as much as you can (such as article submission and directory submission services) then you'll gradually increase your traffic. Good luck. Julie

What is working well for me are backlinks through article marketing with relevant targeted KW.

The backlinks bring me higher in the serps and also the articles I write related to my niche bring hungry traffic to my site when I use low competition KW, that are targeted for sales. The article sites rank high naturally in the search engines and with the low competition kw my articles often land on page 1 or 2 and so people searching for those KW read my articles and get a link to my site. And I get better conversions that way. Most of my sales have come from this source, as almost all my traffic.

Article Marketing really has a viral type effect in that the articles also get picked up by other sites and so if you write several articles a week, then pretty soon your site link is all over the web. Good for traffic and good for serps which eventually (long term goal) leads to more traffic.

OK so here's thing, I am new to all of this Affiliate Marketing and just launched our program. I am learning as I go but am kind of overwelmed. I am trying to get the word out about our program by joining forums, blogging, and directories. I would love to hear anyones ideas as to what steps a beginner needs to take to get some traffic to our site. :)

Are you actually running an affiliate program yourself, or promoting other affiliate programs?
Your posts sounds like you are running your own program, in which case the strategies can be rather different.

If you're not already, maybe you want to consider signing up for Google Analytics; it's a great help in learning what the serps like and don't like and it gives you a lot of great information about the traffic you already get. I've dropped my bounce rate by over 30 percent utilizing Google's analytics. Wish I had started sooner!

Social media sites (facebook, squidoo, hubpages, etc) are growing by leaps and bounds to help people drive traffic to their sites. Take a look at some of the most popular ones and see if you can use to help with generating traffic.

Fitnfree said: If you're not already, maybe you want to consider signing up for Google Analytics; it's a great help in learning what the serps like and don't like and it gives you a lot of great information about the traffic you already get. I've dropped my bounce rate by over 30 percent utilizing Google's analytics. Wish I had started sooner!

Another great program that is free to use is statcounter.com.
It helps to see the information about your traffic, you can see what is working and what is not by how people are finding your site.

If you are writing articles and submitting them to the free directories, this can help generate free targeted traffic to your site.

Craigslist is another way to help drive traffic to your site.

The Information about 'The Social Marketing Blueprint Formula' is very help to get the traffic as well as sales to your site. PPC is the best way to drive more traffic in search engine. It would be the right choice to get the revenue on your site. Its an easy way to drive traffic through PPC by clicking on your creative adds.

Increase Website Traffic

To increase website traffic there are two main categories
Paid methods. Will cost you some money
Free methods. My personal favorite. [Don't call me stingy :eek: ]

So first the paid methods

• Pay per click: The most popular PPC is Google adwords. You need to learn how to PPC before venturing into it. The way you format your ads and the keywords you chose could make you or break you

Paid advertisement in Ezines: There are some ezines ie on line newsletters that sell advertising space

Paid inclusion in search engine directories eg yahoo

Free methods

• Search engine optimization: Very important for long term traffic via the search engines. Remember on page SEO and generating backlinks

Blogs: You should create your own blog [free with blogger] and include links back to your site. Also you should add valuable comments in other peoples' blogs and add links to your site. Your comments MUST be valuable and add to the discussion

Article Marketing: Personally I like article marketing. I tend to submit a couple of high quality aticles to the article directories and include backlinks to my websites in the signature box. Make sure you apply some SEO to your articles. I suggest goarticles and ezinearticles for this

Social bookmarking sites. eg Digg, del.icio.us etc

Forum participation: Again you must ensure that your comments are very useful and add to the discussion. Find high traffic forums in your niche and share your experience there. Again include the link to your website in your signature

Build your opt in list: No getting around it, it is still true that the money is in the list

If you apply the above diligently, you will increase your website traffic in very little time

Of course what determines if your visitors will convert or quickly move on to another site is the quality of your content

Good luck

Like your information

Niche, I like your information.
I'm new to affiliate marketing. I've lost several thousands of dollar with different kind of programs. I have decide to try and do a program without spending over $10. I have been reading everything I can find about affiliate marketing. I know that the list is one of the most important elements. Like they say, " You can have a great website, brillant sale letter, and all the other things that makes your product ilrestable, but if you can't get visitors, your dead in the water'" I would like to know some other ways to get visitors for free.

You can get traffics for exchange review, this will increase your SERP in certain keyword and will attract traffics from the blog. Beside that, social bookmarking, this is my favorite choice. Hope this help.

I focus a lot on article marketing because of the backlinks, then forums and bloging.

Probably I will join the social marketing. :D

banners
Back