“Adsterra”/ “AdsKeeper”/
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hosting websites from home

Discussion in 'Domains and Hosting' started by gkd_uk, Dec 11, 2015.

1. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member affiliate

I know it's cheaper and more secure to host with a third party, but has anyone tried hosting websites from a server at home?

2. Voluum
  3. euro-space

euro-space Affiliate affiliate

I'm not sure hosting from home would be as reliable and fast as by some good company, which sells plans for a dollar or two :)

4. Ninja Marketer11

Ninja Marketer11 Affiliate affiliate

Try to use VPC instead of hosting by home.

5. Certified
    T J Tutor

T J Tutor GM Administrator Certified Vendor Dojo Master affiliate

Most residential areas don't have the bandwidth one needs for extreme traffic.

6. euro-space

euro-space Affiliate affiliate

Couldn't get sense from this, could you please elaborate? OP is asking about the experience running a server from home.

7. plowmett

plowmett Guest

Go for a medium sizes company and I guarantee they will provide more personal help and be more willing to assist you in your needs.

8. Hostingsource.

Hostingsource. Affiliate affiliate

It can never be stressed to highly enough that nowadays, cheap web hosting plans does not necessarily mean poor quality and service.

9. squitter

squitter Affiliate affiliate

Noise and heat.

10. squitter

squitter Affiliate affiliate

Besides, unless one uses a physically separate network for hosting, personal computers will share the same network as the server. While a firewall on the router can block access to these machines, the server must be open to the world. Hosting a server at home puts great power in the owner's hands, but 'with great power comes great responsibility.

MI